It's A Wacky Wireless World
- A-Maze-ing Convergence. Crowe, David // Wireless Review;11/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p56
Addresses the potential problems in the convergence of wireless communication systems and the Internet. Why electronic mail is considered a practical wireless application; Evidence of the suitability of instant messaging to wireless communication; Benefits of integrated billing.
- Communication skills. Pate, Kelly // RCR;08/09/99, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p12
Discusses the impact of the Internet on the wireless communications industry. Value of electronic mail systems and Web sites; Increase in direct sales; Carriers' improvement of their job training customer service representatives.
- Internet access with no strings attached. Mathias, Craig J. // Business Communications Review;Jun98, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p57
Focuses on the prospect of a convergence between the Internet and wireless communications. Suitability of text-based electronic mail to wireless networks; Metricom model of a microcellular network; Similarity to the architecture of wireless local area network systems; Migration of mobile...
- Wireless e-mail posts new gain. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;09/06/99, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p44
Reports on Research In Motion's introduction of Blackberry Exchange Edition, the Internet version of its Blackberry two-way pager system. Features and functions; Enabling of Internet service providers to offer wireless electronic mail for their subscribers.
- SHOW ME THE MOBILE MONEY. BOYTE, TONY // NZ Marketing Magazine;Jul/Aug2012, p68
The article discusses the June 2012 Nielsen online retail report on Internet-enabled phone users in New Zealand (NZ). The study revealed a 12% year-on-year rise in the number of Internet-enabled mobile phone users in NZ while online purchases posted a 5% year-on-year increase. Checking e-mails,...
- FunMail brings animated messages to wireless devices. Bruno, Antony // RCR Wireless News;9/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p48
Focuses on the launching of an Animated Instant Message service for wireless devices by FunMail Inc. in the United States. Details of the text-to-animation Media Engine service; Use of media objects to identify specific text communication; Instructions in sending FunMail messages; Negotiations...
- Skype's call is worth the disruption. Ritson, Mark // Marketing (00253650);11/2/2005, p19
This article presents information about the Skype technology, which enables Internet user to make voice calls over the Internet. Users can call another electronic mail address, which is free, or a real phone number. While this form of voice-over-Internet service has been hanging around for...
- Web access anywhere. Kidman, Angus // Australian PC User;Oct2006, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p59
The article discusses how to make the most of RIM's BlackBerry handheld's Web capabilities. BlackBerry designs have taken advantage of the unit's Internet connection to also allow their owners to browse the Web on their device. It mentions the size of the typical BlackBerry screen. While some...
- High flyer. // Travel & Leisure;Apr2006, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p53
The article features the brightly hued Flybook mini personal computer which is available online at www.flybookstore.com. It has a size of a tissue box, which weighs less than three pounds, and folds flat into a touch screen computer. It can make voice calls, send text messages, and connects to...