APCO Fights E911 Waiver
- Combo-bidding Reviews Mixed. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;06/19/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the mixed reactions of telecommunication carriers to the combinatorial bidding proposal on spectrum by the United States Federal Communication Commission (FCC). Contention of VoiceStream Wireless in its filing with the FCC; Carriers that support combinatorial bidding; Concern of SBC...
- Public safety cries foul over delay of VoIP E-911 deadline. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;11/14/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p22
Reports that the public safety might be put into jeopardy after the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) delayed the Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) E-911 deadline which restricts carriers from offering the service. Appeal made by Nuvio Corp. and other VoIP carriers for FCC to...
- APCO Attempts To Jump-start Phase II E911. // Wireless Week;08/21/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 34, p18
Focuses on the efforts of the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials-International to make automatic location identification services available to emergency dispatch centers in the United States. Issue over the deadline set by the US Federal Communications Commissions for carriers...
- Public Safety Eyes DTV. // Wireless Week;09/13/99, Vol. 5 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the proposal made by the Association of Public-Safety Officials-Communications International (APCO) to the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regarding rules for digital signals. Warning of the APCO.
- APCO, FCC Sign MOU To Protect Land Mobile Communications. // Mobile Radio Technology;Oct98, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p57
Highlights the Memorandum of Understanding signed by the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials International and the United States Federal Communications Commission. Aim to protect technical and regulatory integrity of the land mobile communications environment; Protection of...
- APCO says digital-only rule will leave spectrum fallow. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;12/07/98, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p7
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission plan for public-safety digital-only operations in the 700MHz band will lead to unused spectrum for seven years according to the Association of Public Safety Communications Officials. Accreditation of the National Coordination...
- VoiceStream asks FCC to reconsider Gulf decision. // RCR Wireless News;4/15/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p13
Reports on the request of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. for the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to reconsider its decision to limit wireless services in the Gulf or Merxico. Criticisms on the FCC; Information on VoiceStream Wireless Corp.
- Public safety eases E-911 stance. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;7/28/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p7
The article reports that public-safety groups object the 911 location accuracy standard proposed by federal regulators calling the rule as unworkable. The groups persuaded the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) that the guidelines should be relaxed. According to Willis Carter,...
- APCO is ready to fight TV lobby over frequencies. // RCR;11/24/97, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p4
Focuses on the opposition of the Association of Public Safety Communications Officials (APCO) Inc. to the US Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) plan to add digital television (DTV) channel allotments. Features of the FCC proposals; Projection of APCO to FCC's plans.