Don't Hold Your Breath Waiting For 3G
- Finishing touches. Meyers, Jason; Carter, Wayne // Telephony;09/22/97, Vol. 233 Issue 12, p56
Describes the innovations made in wireless communication networks as exhibited at the Personal Communications Industry Association's PCS '97 show held in Dallas, Texas, on September 1997. Focus of Lucent Technologies on intelligent network solutions; Use of an open architecture perspective by...
- Cusp Of Convergence. Smith, Brad; Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;10/02/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p1
Reports that advanced applications of wireless Internet needs more bandwidth according to speakers at Personal Communications Industry Association GlobalXchange conference in Chicago, Illinois in 2000. Role of voice technology on the wireless industry; Opinion on third generation (3G) wireless...
- Intel's Down-to-Earth Wireless Strategy. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;10/02/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the wireless communication strategy of Intel Corp. who participated at the GlobalXchange convention of the Personal Communications Industry Association in 2000. Performance of the company's stocks in the third-quarter of 2000; Wireless offerings of the company.
- Partnerships, growing the pie will be themes of future wireless Internet. Luna, Lynnette // RCR Wireless News;10/2/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p32
Focuses on issues about wireless Internet discussed during the 2000 GlobalXChange convention of the Personal Communication Industry Association. Outlook of participants on wireless Internet; Key factors for the success of wireless Internet; Remarks from Dennis Patrick, president of AOL Wireless.
- Wireless Data: Comedy & Reality. Goldman, Chris // Wireless Review;11/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p13
Presents highlights of the 2000 Personal Communications Industry Association GlobalXChange convention. Trends in wireless-data uptake; Type of data terminals that were predicted to evolve; How the convergence of wireless and Internet was represented.
- PCS = equipment boom. // Telephony;3/4/96 Supplement PCS Edge, Vol. 230 Issue 10, p7
Reports that the wireless equipment market is expected to grow to $67.5 billion by 2001, according to a report in `Wireless Products Markets: Motorola's Strategy.' Companies which were surveyed.
- Consumers will fuel boom in wireless phone, pager sales. // Westchester County Business Journal;2/28/94, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p15
Presents a study released by Frost & Sullivan on the sales growth of pagers, cellular and personal communications network. Percentage of annual rate of growth; Prediction on the shift of sales toward the retail channel; 1994 percentage increase of total retail sales; Product with the fastest...
- Wireless forecast. // Wireless Review;07/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p10
Provides information on the worldwide growth of wireless communication systems. Estimated growth in the number of subscribers by 2002; Data on the share of wireless subscribers by region as of 1998.
- Market projections strong for wireless data. Madrid, John // America's Network;11/01/94, Vol. 98 Issue 21, p36
Presents forecasts on the market growth in wireless technology in the United States. Key technological developments; Support for cellular digital packet data (CDPD); Stimulation of interest in circuit-switched data.