Firstar, U.S. Bancorp Merger Shouldn't Hurt Piper Jaffray
- Firstar/U.S. Bancorp Deal to Create CRE Leader. Thangavelu, Poonkulali // National Mortgage News;10/09/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p2
Reports on the acquisition deal between United States banking companies Firstar Corp. and U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc. Creation of a business which will rank among the top home equity lending and commercial real estate lending banks with the acquisition deal between the companies; Terms...
- U.S. Bancorp's Plans for Piper Are Mostly Getting Thumbs Up. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/21/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31577, p1
Reports on the plan of Minneapolis, Minnesota-based U.S. Bancorp Inc.'s decision to spinoff its brokerage subsidiary US Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc. Objectives of the plan; Market Observers' opinion about the plan; Issues to be addressed in implementing the plan.
- Liabilities Doom Piper Jaffray Sale. Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/24/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p11
Reports on the decision of Minneapolis, Minnesota-based commercial bank, U.S. Bancorp to sell its investment banking division, U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc. Reasons for the sale of the banking division; Details on the lawsuit filed against the banking division; Views of the market analysts on...
- U.S. Bancorp Combines Asset Managers. // American Banker;5/18/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 96, p6
Reports on the merger of U.S. Bancorp's asset management businesses under U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Asset Management Inc. Background data on U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Asset; Rebranding of other businesses run by U.S. Bancorp.
- Date Change in Spinoff of Piper Jaffray. // American Banker;9/19/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 181, p18
U.S. Bancorp announced on Thursday that the spinoff of U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc. to U.S. Bancorp shareholders will not happen until December because of what a spokesman said were regulatory issues. The Minneapolis, Minnesota-based company originally announced that it expected the spin off...
- U.S. Bancorp will spin off Piper Jaffray. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Mar2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, pA4
Reports on the plans of U.S. Bancorp to spin off the wholly owned subsidiary U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc. to U.S. Bancorp shareholders in the U.S. Acquisition of the Piper Jaffray company by the shareholdes in a tax-free stock dividend distribution; Expectation on U.S. Bancorp to hold a...
- Firstar, U.S. Bancorp to Join. // Bank Investment Consultant;Nov2000, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p16
Reports on a merger agreement between banking firms Firstar Corp. of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and U.S. Bancorp of Minneapolis, Minnesota. Value of the deal; Total assets of the combined entity; Revenue stream of the merged U.S. Bancorp; Its high-growth specialty businesses.
- U.S. Bancorp Relies On Firstar Strategy For Consumer Side. Reilly, Patrick // American Banker;5/3/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 85, p3
Reports on U.S. Bancorp's completion of its merger with Firstar Corp. U.S. Bancorp's intention to leverage Firstar's success in consumer banking by adopting its business model; Plan to deliver consumer banking products to smaller markets; Granting of a level of autonomy to the managers of the...
- Deal Takes U.S. Bank, Firstar Out Of Action. Kline, Alan // American Banker;10/5/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 192, p1
Focuses on the statement made by Firstar president Jerry Grundhofer on the decision of Firstar and U.S. Bancorp to postpone their plans for any acquisitions in 2000. Aim to strengthen the merged companies assets; Speculations on the possible acquisition plans of both Firstar and U.S. Bancorp;...