- School and arena GOs may be too much for Omaha voters. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;03/05/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30592, p3
Reports on the impact of Omaha, Nebraska, school district's decision to hold a general obligation bond referendum on the city's quest to build an arena and convention complex in 1999. Plans of the city in using bonds to finance the complex; Property tax hike required by the district's bond issue.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;5/17/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31389, p38
Reports development related to bonds in the U.S. as of May 2002. Support of an Alabama Governor for the state lottery; Issuance of general obligation bonds to Lexington School District; Schedule of the sale of revenue bonds.
- Dallas Cowboys Want New Stadium, and an Authority, Too. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/5/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31586, p40
Reports on the plans of Texas-based football team Dallas Cowboys to create a sports authority that will issue bonds to finance a stadium for the National Football League team. Plans of Dallas County to follow the approach adopted by Arizona's Maricopa County; State law provisions that guides...
- NFL's Cowboys Get Stadium Approval; Local Battles Loom. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/12/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31633, p4
The Dallas Cowboys organization can now focus its lobbying efforts on the local level after winning legislative approval for a Dallas County plan to build a partially bond-financed $1 billion stadium complex for the National Football League team.Perry is expected to sign the bill despite...
- Bear Alternative. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31283, p34
Focuses on the controversy over $400 million project for to build football stadium in Chicago, Illinois, for which the Illinois Sports Facilities Authority sold bonds during the October 2001. Reasons behind the opposition of local residents; Objection of city residents regarding design of...
- Bad timing delays Dayton, Ohio, minor-league baseball stadium bond deal. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;08/10/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30453, p4
No abstract available.
- TEXAS: Feel the Burn. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/23/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31249, p35
Reports on the use of bonds by officials in Collin County, Texas to pay the cost of a proposed $60 million stadium for the Dallas Burn Major League Soccer (MLS) team. Sports complex proposed by the county; Information related to the ownership of MLS teams; Details on the structure of the...
- Minnesota agency puts its own Twins stadium plan on deck. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/17/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30664, p36
Reports on the Minneapolis, Minnesota-based Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission's plan to renovate the Metrodome sports facilities. Agency's plan to issue bonds to help finance the project; Proposed bond issues by the cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul to finance construction of a...
- N.J. hoping minor-league hockey arena will bolster Trenton revitalization efforts. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;08/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30210, p35
Reports that Mercer County, New Jersey will issue $31.1 million of bonds to fund construction of a minor-league hockey arena in Trenton. Financing of the balance; Debt service plans; Agencies which will shoulder the state's contribution; Optimism that the arena will draw revenues into Trenton's...