Philadelphia Mayor Takes More Time for Stadium Plan
- Vet Cemetery. Bowden, Mark; Bechtel, Mark; Pappu, Sridhar // Sports Illustrated;3/15/2004, Vol. 100 Issue 11, p16
This article presents a eulogy for Philadelphia's Veterans Stadium, which is scheduled to be demolished. At 7 a.m. on March 21, Philadelphia's Veterans Stadium will be imploded. We are called on to speak well of the dead, so on the verge of its formal execution, let me find some nice things to...
- 19TH HOLE: THE READERS TAKE OVER. // Sports Illustrated;05/13/1963, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p97
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Hot Team in the Old Town," "Not So Gently Down the Stream," by Alice Higgins, both having appeared in the April 29, 1963 issue, and "A Debatable Football Scandal" in the March 25, 1963 issue.
- Attitude Adjustment. Bamberger, Michael // Sports Illustrated;11/9/2009, Vol. 111 Issue 18, p20
The article reports on Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and professional sports. The week ending November 8, 2009 had four professional sports games being played in Philadelphia. The New York Yankees and the Philadelphia Phillies Major League Baseball teams played three games to determine the winner...
- Gay community night at Phillies. Bennett, Matty // Philadelphia Gay News;6/27/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 26, p2
The article offers information on the 12th Annual Gay Community Night at the Philadelphia Phillies baseball team stadium on August 5, 2014.
- Grand Slum. Bamberger, Michael; Kennedy, Kostya; Bechtel, Mark // Sports Illustrated;12/23/2002, Vol. 97 Issue 25, p25
Reports on the final season for Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the home of the Philadelphia Eagles. Issues with the stadium, including smell and a dangerous turf; Cheap cost of seats; Outlook for the new home of the Eagles.
- Courtside at the Eagles' game. McCallum, Jack; Hersch, Hank // Sports Illustrated;12/01/97, Vol. 87 Issue 22, p24
Focuses on the makeshift courtroom in Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. How Seamus P. McCaffery, a Philadelphia municipal court judge, meted out instant justice to the drunk, the disorderly and the vulgar at the Philadelphia Eagles' games; David Sharp as the first person cited...
- Philadelphia Phillies. Brookover, Bob // Sporting News;1/27/97, Vol. 221 Issue 4, p48
No abstract available.
- Philadelphia Phillies. Edwards, Chris // Sporting News;04/07/97, Vol. 221 Issue 14, p30
Focuses on National League baseball team Philadelphia Phillies. Injuries on the team's pitching staff; Number of players placed on the 15-day disabled list; Plans of using rookie righthander Calvin Maduro; Amount involved in the contract of Mark Portugal; Selection of Terry Francona as starting...
- All together now. Kurkjian, Tim // Sports Illustrated;7/26/93, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p57
Considers how much the Philadelphia Phillies starting pitching has deteriorated over the last four weeks. Number of runs allowed by the team's pitchers; Actions of Curt Schilling and Danny Jackson; Performance of pitcher Ben Rivera; Additional information.