Allegheny County, Penn., Issues RFPs for Upcoming $90 Million Deal
- Less Means More. Bruns, Adam // Site Selection;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p670
The article provides information on the economy of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania. It states that since County Executive Dan Onorato took his office, the county has downsized its own operations consolidating 10 offices into four and five 911 centers into one, in addition to writing down debt by...
- Savings are key goal in Allegheny County, Pa., budget plan. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;12/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30788, p3
Reports on the budget proposal developed by commissioners of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania. Anticipation of approval of a variable-rate bond sale; Aim of restructuring outstanding debt; Realization of savings to help balance the state budget; Leveling of the debt service; Expected savings to...
- Activists want to do to lease debt what they did to taxes. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p14A
Focuses on activists' attack on California's use of lease-backed bonds. Plan to sponsor initiatives in San Diego and statewide to force voter approval of all forms of state and local debt; Lease revenue bonds in California; Rise of lease debt.
- Oklahoma Reduces Its Debt Amid Spate of Refundings. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/23/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31558, p36
Discusses tax-supported debt and refunding bonds issued by the state of Oklahoma to take advantage of interest rates in the U.S. Inclusions in the tax-supported debt; Billion dollar increase in revenue bond issuance in the state; Significance of paying off tax-supported debt.
- Denver Aquarium Bondholders Weigh City Takeover. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31319, p4
Reports on the effect of proposal of Denver, Colorado city to takeover Colorado Educational and Cultural Facilities authority on the investors who hold defaulted revenue bonds sold by the facility in 1997 to finance the Ocean Journey aquarium. Proposal of the city for bondholders regarding...
- Bond Contracts Stand at Center of Detroit Airport Dispute. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/11/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31468, p36
Reports the debate on bond contracts and disclosure of the outstanding airport debt by top bond attorneys in Michigan. Vulnerability of the county for liabilities of outstanding debt; Impairment of the contract between the county and the bondholders; Failure of the attorneys and financial...
- Mecklenburg County, N.C., See-Saws Between GO Plans. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/25/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31520, p1
Discusses the difference between issuance of general obligation bonds in January 2002 and 2003 in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina. Utilization of proceeds of the bond plan in civil work; Number of authorized and unissued debt from referendum for the year 1999, 2000 and 2002.
- Federal revenues still de rigeur asset for Mexican muni deals. // Asset Securitization Report;9/9/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 35, p26
Reports that Mexican sub-national are depending on federal co-participation revenues to back local bonds. Issuance of public debt; Institutional investors; Master trust set up for coupon payments.
- Give Them Some Liberty. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;6/4/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31400, p1
Reports on the preparation for a private-activity bonds to refund budget deficit in New York City. Reduction in state debts; Issuance of Liberty bonds; Use of tax exempt bonds.