Ahead of $150 Million Sale, Moody's Gives Hawaii a GO Debt Boost
- Jacksonville Power Agency Tops Less-Than-Large Week. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/29/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31437, p34
Reports the deals on the rated state bonds in the U.S. Action of the Maryland state to bring general obligation bonds to the competitive market; Use of proceeds for a variety of projects; Ratings for New Jersey by Moody's Investors Service Inc.
- Moody's cuts Hawaii to A1, citing economy. Marois, Michael B.; Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;04/13/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30370, p31
Focuses on Moody's Investors Service's decision to downgrade Hawaii's general obligation debt to A1 from Aa3 calling the state's economy the weakest in the United States.
- Moody's sets Louisiana Up for an Upgrade. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31578, p1
Reports on the plans of credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. to upgrade Louisiana's bond ratings. Factors responsible for the possible upgrade.
- Moody's smoothes road for `double-barreled' Arkansas highway issue. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/06/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30842, p3
Reports that Moody's Investors Service has upgraded the state of Arkansas' general bond obligation bond rating. Recognition of the state's history of careful debt management and track record of paying debt back promptly; Conservativeness of the firm's expenditures.
- It's an upgrade frenzy for Michigan: Moody's gives three rating increases. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;03/20/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30355, p30
Focuses on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s upgrading of three state bonds in Michigan on April 19, 1998. Rating on the state's general obligation debt; Rating on future bonds sold through the state's School Bond Loan Fund; Rating on Michigan State Building Authority bonds.
- Moody's promotes five of its analysts. Shah, Angela // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p36
Names five public finance analysts promoted by Moody's Investors Service Inc. in August 1997 to the position of vice president-senior credit officer.
- Moody's Lowers Florida Agency Outlook, Citing Housing Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/2/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31295, p40
Reports that ratings agency Moody's Investors service changed its rating on Florida based nonprofit organization Capital Project Finance Authority. Reason for the change in outlook; Contents of disclosure notice of Public Finance Associates Inc.; Effect of the notice on U.S. market conditions.
- Moody's Investors Service. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/26/1996, Vol. 144 Issue 9, p17
Reports that Moody's Investor Service changed the debt rating of Airbus Industrie from Aa3 to A1. What the move reflects; Impact of the change.
- Moody's adapts to change, maintains its competitive edge. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;05/14/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30393, p32
Discusses changes at the credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service resulting from its restructuring. Streamlining of the agency's analysis of the financial guaranty companies; Improvement in communication between the corporate and municipal finance professionals within the combined group;...