Chattanooga Sells $130 Million to Expand Conference Center
- Chattanooga, Tenn.'s Pension Reforms Positive: Moody's. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/7/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34088, p1
The article focuses on the views of Moody's Investors Service Inc. which reveals that enactment in the public safety pension reforms by Chattanooga, Tennessee has adjusted net liability by nearly 86 million dollars. Topics discussed include the impact of the reform on benefits, retirement...
- UTAH: Rebuild the Tram. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/20/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32590, p9
The article reports on Utah's plan to consider a $3.5 million revenue bond issue to rebuild a privately owned tram. Supporters claim that the initiative could boost tourism at Provo Canyon's Bridal Veil Falls. According to owner David Grow, the tram would attract more visitors to the northern...
- darts & medals. // Caribbean Business;4/17/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 15, p17
The article presents news briefs related to Puerto Rico. It is estimated that Puerto Rico's public debt will surpass $50 billion in 2008, including $1.3 billion in bonds issued by the Puerto Rico Aqueduct & Sewer Authority. The Puerto Rico Hotel & Tourism Association (PRHTA) and the Puerto Rico...
- East Baton Rouge: Legal Dispute Won't Effect Nature Park Project. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/30/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33192, p3
The article reports on the 900.8 million dollar bond package that would finance a large tourist attraction in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. According to East Baton Rouge Parish, a legal dispute over a riverside parcel in the city's downtown would not deter voters from approving the bond package. The...
- Grand Canyon Gateway Mulls Bond-Funded Theme Park. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;3/30/2015, p15
The article reports on a plan by the city government of Williams, Arizona to build an amusement park and railroad museum that could be financed with 400 million U.S. dollars of revenue bonds. Topics discussed include a feasibility study due at the end of April 2015 that will help leaders decide...
- Growing New York County doubles its debt load with new GO issue. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p1
Reports on Orange County, New York's plan to issue $60 million in bonds in August 1997. Concerns about population growth; Population figures from the 1970s to the 1990s; Graph comparing the results of bond issuance from 1991-1996.
- High-yield scarcity helps sale of a nonrated sewer refunding in Alabama. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p7
Reports on the growing popularity of high-yielding municipal bonds among investors. Bonds issue by Parish, Alabama in August 1997; Sale of New Orleans general obligation bonds; Prices.
- The Bond Buyer new-issue calendar. // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p8
Presents a listing of municipal bond and note offerings announced in August 1997. Competitive bond offerings; Competitive note offerings; Negotiated bonds; Issuer; Description; Amount; Financial adviser; Maturing.
- Sealed bids invited. Parkes, Tim // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p12
Presents a listing of municipal bond offerings announced in August 1997. Bond offerings in Arkansas; Connecticut; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Texas.