Municipals Fade a Bit on the Long End; $693 Million of N.J. Transit COPs Price
- Munis End Session Little Changed; Massachusetts Agency Sells $425M. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;8/25/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32204, p2
Reports on the condition of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Price of the offering from the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority; Decline in durable goods orders; Indication of repricing the deal offered by the New Jersey Transit Corp.
- Transit COPs. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;01/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30799, p2A
Reports on New Jersey state lawyers' disapproval of state officials' plan to structure an upcoming New Jersey Transit Corp. deal as a straightforward grant anticipation note sale.
- Muni Bond Prices Finish Unchanged Ahead of Today's Unemployment Data. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;10/06/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30991, p2
Reports on developments relevant to the market for municipal bonds in the United States as of October 6, 2000. Increase in the prices of Treasury bonds; Moderate bid-wanted flow in the secondary market for municipal bonds; Light trading activity for municipal bonds.
- Municipals End 3/8 to 1/2 Lower; Market Awaits Week's New Issues. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;01/16/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31057, p2
Reports that municipal bond prices in the United States finished lower on January 12, 2001. Moderate to active trading; Decline in Treasuries prices; Absence of changes in the producer price index (PPI) in December 2000; Calculated total of municipal bonds scheduled for negotiated sale;...
- Munis join in treasuries' rally as long bond supply keeps shrinking. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;02/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30821, p2
Reports on municipal bond prices in the United States on February 2, 2000. Rise in the 30-year Treasury bond market; Hike in the Federal Funds target for overnight lending and discount rate; Spread between yields on two-year notes and 30-year bonds; Continuing fears of inflation.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;06/02/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30904, p36
Presents data on the municipal bond market in the United States. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Government securities prices; State and local government series rates; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Municipal market yields.
- Municipal Bond Prices End Unchanged As Treasuries Slip to Negative Territory. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;09/25/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30982, p2
Reports on the prices of municipal bonds and treasuries as of September 22, 2000. Decline in treasury prices; Bear Stearns' repricing of Erie, New York Tobacco Asset Securitization Corp.'s asset-backed bonds; J.P. Morgan Securities' unsold bonds for Washington State and Michigan Municipal Bond...
- Municipal Bond Prices Finish Firm; Philadelphia Gas Works Deal Priced. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;06/15/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31161, p2
Reports on the status of municipal bond prices in the United States as of June 14, 2001. Comparison with rise in Treasuries in response to favorable wholesale inflation data; Impact of overnight global equity weakness; Municipal market's shouldering of multi-billion dollars worth of new debt.
- Munis climb, dip with treasuries as traders await this week's deals. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;09/08/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30225, p1
Reports on the rise in the prices of municipal bonds in the United States due to the volatility of the Treasury market. Rise and fall of the government market; Rise of non-farm payrolls; Entry of long-principal zero coupons sellers into the market; Rise of the factory sector; Observance of some...