Municipals Fade a Bit on the Long End; $693 Million of N.J. Transit COPs Price
- Munis End Session Little Changed; Massachusetts Agency Sells $425M. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;8/25/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32204, p2
Reports on the condition of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Price of the offering from the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority; Decline in durable goods orders; Indication of repricing the deal offered by the New Jersey Transit Corp.
- Transit COPs. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;01/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30799, p2A
Reports on New Jersey state lawyers' disapproval of state officials' plan to structure an upcoming New Jersey Transit Corp. deal as a straightforward grant anticipation note sale.
- Muni Bond Prices Finish Unchanged Ahead of Today's Unemployment Data. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;10/06/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30991, p2
Reports on developments relevant to the market for municipal bonds in the United States as of October 6, 2000. Increase in the prices of Treasury bonds; Moderate bid-wanted flow in the secondary market for municipal bonds; Light trading activity for municipal bonds.
- Municipals End 3/8 to 1/2 Lower; Market Awaits Week's New Issues. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;01/16/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31057, p2
Reports that municipal bond prices in the United States finished lower on January 12, 2001. Moderate to active trading; Decline in Treasuries prices; Absence of changes in the producer price index (PPI) in December 2000; Calculated total of municipal bonds scheduled for negotiated sale;...
- Munis climb, dip with treasuries as traders await this week's deals. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;09/08/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30225, p1
Reports on the rise in the prices of municipal bonds in the United States due to the volatility of the Treasury market. Rise and fall of the government market; Rise of non-farm payrolls; Entry of long-principal zero coupons sellers into the market; Rise of the factory sector; Observance of some...
- August employment nudges prices down. Patterson, Dean // Bond Buyer;09/08/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30225, p2
Reports on the moderate lowering of Treasury bond prices in the United States as a result of the employment report issued for the month of August, 1997. Concerns on the possible rise of inflation due to the growth; Fall in the prices of ten-year notes; Rally posted by bonds due to the US Labor...
- Soaring treasuries fail to impart similar lift to the municipal market. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;10/17/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30254, p1
Reports on the unchanged prices of municipal bonds giving modest gains for treasury bonds in the United States. Negotiated issues underwriters' lowering of yields in some maturities; Comments from brokers; Decline in the Federal Reserve Bank's general business activity diffusion index; Rise of...
- Treasuries slip, municipals firm as short week gets underway. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/25/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30280, p1
Reports that municipal bond prices have remained unchanged following the November 24, 1997 trading session in the United States. Evasion of weakness in the government securities market that led to decreases in other bond prices; Factors for the lack of change; Issue for the Irving Independent...
- Munis, treasuries take a dip as quiet secondaries decline sharply. Rannazzisi, Julie; Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;01/21/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30314, p1
Reports on the decline in prices of municipal bonds and Treasury securities on January 20, 1998. Losses suffered by the secondary municipal market in mid-session dealings; Increase in number of bid-wanted lists; Decline in 30-year cash bond yield.