N.J. Legislature Looks Sure to Approve Local Take on TIFs
- New "TIF" Authority Provides Powerful Economic-Development Tool. Kamlet, Kenneth S. // Business Journal (Central New York);6/1/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p12
The article reports on the enactment of the Tax Increment Financing (TIF) law, which allows school districts to opt-in to TIF-funded redevelopment plans in New York. It states that TIF was recognized under the state's 1983 Constitution and is part of the Municipal Redevelopment Law in 1984. The...
- Congress calls tax hike an `inflation adjustment'. Lesher, Richard L. // Human Events;6/10/94, Vol. 50 Issue 22, p15
Discusses the implications of the United States government's automatic inflation adjustment for civil fines levied under federal laws. Possible tax hike on business enterprises; Reinventing Government bill; Requirement for adjustment for inflation of federal civil penalties; Civil penalties for...
- Review, rewrite laws to rein in TIF districts. // Crain's Chicago Business;11/29/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 48, p14
The article comments on the need to review and rewrite laws to control tax-increment financing (TIF) districts of Chicago, Illinois.
- TIF reform bill just the beginning for citizens group. // Corridor Business Journal;7/2/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 49, p12
The editor comments on the tax increment financing (TIF) reform bill signed as law during May 2012 in Iowa, where the author states that the bill marks the success of Citizens for Responsible Growth and Taxation, a group of business owners and developers in the state.
- Notices Seek Comments on BAB Program, Small-Issue IDBs. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;7/21/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33152, p4
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to seek comments from municipal issuers for notices to apply for federal payments under the Build America Bonds (BAB) program in the country. The IRS has also asked comments from issuers on how much time and effort it...
- Still as Moonlight: Why Tax Increment Financing Stalled in North Carolina. PARKER, ADAM C. // North Carolina Law Review;2013, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p661
The article discusses tax increment financing (TIF) in North Carolina as of January 2013, focusing on a comparative analysis of several TIF statutes such as the American Bar Association's (ABA's) Model Statute. Other topics include TIF bonds, debt-financing instruments, and the raising of tax...
- Bill would aid casino construction. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;2/8/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p2
The article reports on the impact of the passage of a bill that bars local referendums on projects funded through tax-increment financing in New Jersey on the Revel Entertainment casino project.
- Senators look to sunset ticket, excise tax hikes. // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/11/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 51, p8
The article reports on the opposition by Joe Loftus, counsel of Indianapolis, Indiana Mayor Greg Ballard, on the Senate Bill 90 tax hike legislation offered by a member of the Marion County delegation of the Republican Party.
- Bill would create TIF tax pools. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;05/11/98, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p3
Focuses on the reason for a bill being sponsored by Senator Christine Rodogno, R-LaGrange, to allow the city to pool revenues from industrial tax-increment financing (TIF) districts in Chicago, Illinois. How TIF-backed bonds would be used; Benefits of revenue sharing outlined in the bill; Names...