Heartland Fund Manager Quits as Net Asset Value Sinks
- More Heartland Woes as It Battles Outflows, New Competition. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;04/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31125, p23
Highlights the challenges facing Milwaukee, Wisconsin-based Heartland Advisors Inc. in 2001. Markdowns of Heartland's high-yield funds; Strong Capital Management Inc.'s launch of a state-specific, Wisconsin tax-free fund.
- Deadline Looms for Class Action Lawsuit vs. Heartland Advisors. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;12/22/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31043, p1
Focuses on the class-action lawsuit against Heartland Advisors Inc. in the United States. Allegation of issuing materially untrue and misleading statements; Devaluation of net asset value; Failure of the company to price portfolio securities.
- Heartland's Fixed-Income Chief Resigns; Focus Shifts to Credit Analysis. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;02/21/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31081, p6
Reports the resignation of Philip J. Fiskow as senior vice president of Heartland Advisors Inc. in New York. Position vacated by Fiskow; Price markdown of the two high-yield tax exempt bond funds of the firm; Emphasis of the firm on individual holdings and market environment.
- A Pioneer Marketer Heads for Heartland. Rasmussen, Eric // Investment Management Weekly;07/12/99, Vol. 12 Issue 27, p5
Reports on the plans by Allyson Huskisson, vice president of new business development and client services at Pioneer Investment Management, to leave the company to join Heartland Advisors. Reason for Huskisson's resignation; How Chris Abbott, managing director at Pioneer, described Huskisson's...
- Heartland Discloses Possible Impact If SEC Wins Lawsuit. Hume, Lynn; Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31877, p6
Reports on the lawsuit filed by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) against advisory firm Heartland Advisors Inc. (HAI) over failed high-yield municipal bond funds. Quotes taken from the prospectus for the three equity funds of Heartland Group Inc. released by HAI; Reason for the...
- Update. Topkis, Maggie // Money;Feb2004, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p46
Reports on the return of a three-year old fund scandal. In December the SEC filed civil charges against eight current or former Heartland Advisors employees, including president and fund manager William Nasgovitz. Unlike the other fund companies in trouble these days, Heartland is accused of...
- Embracing health care. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;04/30/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30631, p1
Reports on the investments of Heartland Advisors Inc. Investments in nursing homes, continuing care retirement centers, hospitals and mental health facilities; Sectors that are less susceptible in the downturn of the economy.
- $14M Settlement In Heartland Suit. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31351, p1
Focuses on the class action lawsuit filed by investors in two of the tax-exempt, high-yield mutual funds of Heartland Advisor Inc. in the U.S. Details on the partial settlement stipulation filed by a mutual fund company in the federal court; Dismissal of the case; Investigation on the...
- Heartland piques investor interest with short-duration portfolio. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;03/19/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30354, p8
Focuses on the growth of the first high-yield fund introduced by Heartland Advisors Inc. which average duration is limited to three years. Usage of the fund as a stepping stone for shareholders before investing in a longer-term fund; Fund's acquisition of nonrated bonds to remain fully invested;...