Denton Planning $2 Billion Project, But Naysayers Question Legality
- Wash. Audit Questions Sewer Bonds. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;8/21/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31207, p1
Reports that the Washington State auditor has challenged the validity of $20 million in bonds sold by a utility local improvement district in the state in 2000. Allegation that Holmes Harbor Sewer District violated numerous laws; Aspects of the proposed commercial development called Silver...
- THE USE OF SPECIAL ASSESSMENT DISTRICTS AND INDEPENDENT SPECIAL DISTRICTS AS AIDS IN FINANCING PRIVATE LAND DEVELOPMENT . Mullen, Gerald E. // California Law Review;Mar1965, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p364
Discusses the use of special assessment districts and special districts in land development operations by private developers and the corrective measures taken to avoid abuse in California. Reason for usage; Improvement area acts; Community service districts; County water districts; Resort...
- County says no to special district for Eagle Mountain. Crews, Chris // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);7/12/2006, Vol. 134 Issue 28, p1A
The article focuses on the decision of the Burnet County Commissioners Court in Texas to reject the proposed creation of a public improvement district for a high-end development near Lake Buchanan. The proposed special district dubbed Eagle Mountain Reserve requires residents to pay a special...
- China developer lines up shops to rebrand Sanlitun. Liu, Christy // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;10/21/2005, p8
The article reports that Beijing Guo Rui Investment, developer of Beijing, China's entertainment district of Sanlitun, has tapped Hong Kong, China-based branding and design consultancy Brandworks and BBDO Beijing, to help refresh the locale's identity. Brandworks has been tasked by Beijing Guo...
- Building a better U. Parish, Linn // Journal of Business (10756124);7/14/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 15, pA15
Reports on the status of the U District, a special district being developed for higher education institutions in Spokane, Washington. Features of the district; City's search for private developers and public money for the project; Worth of federal funds needed for the project.
- Seattle U District's 'The Ave' seeks resurgence. Tice, Carol // Journal of Business (10756124);7/14/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 15, pA16
Reports on the decline of the retail business at the University Way Northeast special district in Seattle, Washington. Factors that contributed to the decline of the retail business in the area; Developments done by the city to the area; Worth of the development project.
- Development interest in district is high, some say. Parish, Linn // Journal of Business (10756124);7/14/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 15, pA17
Reports on the strong demand for more housing and additional services at the University District special higher education area being developed in Spokane, Washington. Projects within the district that are garnering public and business interest; Features of the district.
- East-side revitalization district renewed. // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/1/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 44, p13
The article reports that the Metropolitan Development Commission has renewed the Eastside Revitalization District designation along Washington Street in Indianapolis, Indiana. The goal is to provide tax incentives to spur real estate development of the vacant retail buildings in the area, as...
- TOP RANKS: LARGEST COMMERCIAL REAL-ESTATE DEVELOPERS. Carbonaro, Maria J. // Business Journal (Central New York);3/21/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p12
Ranks the largest commercial real estate developers in Central New York according to commercial square feet owned. Top position taken by the Widewaters Group; Average square feet per project; Square feet planned for 2003; Types of property developed; Names of developed properties; Areas of...