Construction Spending Up in Aug
- Investment Opportunities. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Aug2010, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p6
The article provides information about the opportunities facing Panama from international construction companies, as the country's growing population creates a serious shortage of affordable housing.
- Developers hit hitches. Muller, Joan // Finance Week;1/20/2003, p38
Reports on developments concerning the home building industry in South Africa, as of January 2003. Value of new sectional and townhouse projects completed in January-August 2002; Factors affecting the performance of the industry in 2002; Demand for houses.
- Commercial job ebb in Kootenai Country. Hatch, Addy // Journal of Business (10756124);3/7/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p24
Reports growth of the commercial construction sector in Kootenai County, Idaho. Stability of residential construction projects; Outline of several infrastructure projects; Renovation of the Kootenai Medical Center.
- BMP prunes its forecasts. // Builders Merchants Journal;Jan1995, p6
Reports on the trimmed down expectations of the National Council of Building Materials Producers from 1994-1996 for the construction industry in Great Britain. Housing market performance; Possible increased investment in industrial and commercial sectors; Growth forecast for housing repair and...
- Housing construction dips 2.5 percent in August. // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/30/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 39, p23
Reports on housing construction activity in the U.S. for August 2002. Housing starts; Completion rates.
- Record building spree taking toll on labor. // Indianapolis Business Journal;05/17/99, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p24A
Reports on the health of the residential construction industry in the United States as of May 17, 1999. Difficulty for builders to keep workers; Increase in the wages of carpenters, roofers and other construction workers; Adoption of strategies to offset high labor costs.
- Housing construction soars to 12-year high. // Indianapolis Business Journal;05/17/99, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p36A
Reports on an increase in the number of residential units completed in Indianapolis, Indiana in March 1999. Statistical figures indicating the trend; Impact of the trend on construction workers and resources.
- Homebuilders concerned about infrastructure. Cardinal, Denise // Las Vegas Business Press;04/14/97, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p19
Reports on Las Vegas, Nevada homebuilders' concern about infrastructure. Regional water connection fees; Impact fees; Affordability as an issue.
- Las Vegas home builders. // Las Vegas Business Press;01/30/2000 Book of Lists 2000, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p63
Ranks home builders in Las Vegas, Nevada, according to number of home closings for 1998, as of October 1999. Includes Del Webb Corp.; American West Homes; Rhodes Homes.