Construction Spending Up in Aug
- Investment Opportunities. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Aug2010, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p6
The article provides information about the opportunities facing Panama from international construction companies, as the country's growing population creates a serious shortage of affordable housing.
- Developers hit hitches. Muller, Joan // Finance Week;1/20/2003, p38
Reports on developments concerning the home building industry in South Africa, as of January 2003. Value of new sectional and townhouse projects completed in January-August 2002; Factors affecting the performance of the industry in 2002; Demand for houses.
- Commercial job ebb in Kootenai Country. Hatch, Addy // Journal of Business (10756124);3/7/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p24
Reports growth of the commercial construction sector in Kootenai County, Idaho. Stability of residential construction projects; Outline of several infrastructure projects; Renovation of the Kootenai Medical Center.
- BMP prunes its forecasts. // Builders Merchants Journal;Jan1995, p6
Reports on the trimmed down expectations of the National Council of Building Materials Producers from 1994-1996 for the construction industry in Great Britain. Housing market performance; Possible increased investment in industrial and commercial sectors; Growth forecast for housing repair and...
- Housing construction dips 2.5 percent in August. // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/30/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 39, p23
Reports on housing construction activity in the U.S. for August 2002. Housing starts; Completion rates.
- Record building spree taking toll on labor. // Indianapolis Business Journal;05/17/99, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p24A
Reports on the health of the residential construction industry in the United States as of May 17, 1999. Difficulty for builders to keep workers; Increase in the wages of carpenters, roofers and other construction workers; Adoption of strategies to offset high labor costs.
- Housing construction soars to 12-year high. // Indianapolis Business Journal;05/17/99, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p36A
Reports on an increase in the number of residential units completed in Indianapolis, Indiana in March 1999. Statistical figures indicating the trend; Impact of the trend on construction workers and resources.
- Homebuilders concerned about infrastructure. Cardinal, Denise // Las Vegas Business Press;04/14/97, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p19
Reports on Las Vegas, Nevada homebuilders' concern about infrastructure. Regional water connection fees; Impact fees; Affordability as an issue.
- Largest home builders. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/09/98, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p35
Lists the largest home builders in New Orleans, Louisiana, ranked by number of local starts in 1997. Includes Sunrise Construction& Development Corp.; Southern Homes Inc.; Cretin Homes; regency Homes; Lacoste Builders LC; Landcraft Inc.