CROPS ABSORB LIVESTOCK ANTIBIOTICS, SCIENCE SHOWS
- Stalking Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria in Common Vegetables. Brock, David; Boeke, Caroline; Josowitz, Rebecca; Loya, Katherine // American Biology Teacher (National Association of Biology Teache;Oct2004, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p554
Presents an experimental protocol for studying antibiotic resistant bacteria that will allow the determination of the proportion of such bacteria found in fruit and vegetable crops. Topics in biology which involve the study of bacteria; Factors which contribute to the development of...
- St. Paul, Minnesota: LIVESTOCK ANTIBIOTICS IN MANURE CAN END UP IN HUMAN FOODS. // BioCycle;Aug2007, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p22
The article highlights the results of a study on livestock antibiotics in manure, conducted by the University of Minnesota based in St. Paul, Minnesota and funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The study found out that concentrations in plant tissue increased as amount of antibiotics in...
- Antibiotic Use Down. // Pediatrics for Parents;2002, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p1
Highlights results of a study conducted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on the declining use of antibiotics by ambulatory care settings, family physicians and general practitioners.
- New Antimicrobials: The Right Answer for the Wrong Question? Osborne, Newton G. // Journal of Gynecologic Surgery;Fall2000, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p129
Discusses the emergence of species and strains resistant to antibiotics. Factors for the emergence and spread of new pathogens and resistant microbial strains; Need for measures to reduce the spread of dangerous pathogens; Effectiveness of oxazolidines antibiotics.
- Following Guidelines Under Stress. Ruef, C. // Infection;Oct2008, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p395
The article discusses a study published in the issue on the empiric use of antibiotics in the emergency room.
- Help for cuts, scrapes and burns. Farley, Dixie // FDA Consumer;May96, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p12
Focuses on over-the-counter (OTC) topical first-aid antimicrobials in the United States. Restrictions on use; Single-ingredient products; Combination products; Antiseptics. INSETS: OTC antibiotics, by D.F.;Labeling final rule..
- Introduction: Fusidic Acid Enters the United States. Moellering, Robert C.; Corey, G. Ralph; Grayson, M. Lindsay // Clinical Infectious Diseases;2011, Vol. 52 Issue Suppl 7, pS467
An introduction is presented in which the guest editors discuss the comprehensive data on fusidic acid associated with its clinical safety and efficacy.
- Problems of Antibiotic Usage. Kunin, Calvin M. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Nov78 Part 2, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p802
Discusses the problem with the use of antimicrobial agents. Methods to define the antibiotic usage problem and evaluate appropriate use; Constraints of medical practice that lead to inappropriate antibiotic use; Proposals for improvement of antibiotic use.
- New Developments in Antibiotics. Finland, Maxwell // Annals of Internal Medicine;Nov78 Part 2, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p849
Discusses antimicrobial drugs in the United States. Antiviral drugs; Antifungal drugs; Drugs against protozoal and helminthic infections.