IS SUSTAINABLE CAPITALISM AN OXYMORON?
- A New Capitalism â€” or a New World? Schweickart, David // World Watch;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p12
The article focuses on the need for a democratic and sustainable economy as an alternative to capitalism that is economically viable and conducive to entrepreneurial innovation. It discusses the opinions of several authors including Paul Hawken, Amory Lovins and Joel Kovel on the need for a...
- It's easy being green. Reed, Christopher // Bulletin with Newsweek;04/25/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6221, p44
Features the book `Natural Capitalism,' by Amory Lovins and Paul Hawken. Authors' profiles; Book's claim that companies using environmentally friendly technology are reducing costs and increasing profits; Definition of natural capital as opposed to man-made capital.
- NATURAL CAPITALISM--CREATING THE NEXT INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION (Book). Rao, Shankar K. // Journal of Financial Management & Analysis;Jul-Dec2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p96
Reviews the book "Natural Capitalism - Creating the Next Industrial Revolution," by Paul Hawken, Amory Lovins, and L. Hunter Lovins.
- Natural Capitalism. Hawken, Paul; Lovins, Amory B.; Lovins, L. Hunter // Bloomsbury Business Library - Management Library;2007, p66
The article reviews the book "Natural Capitalism: The Next Industrial Revolution," by Paul Hawken, Amory B. Lovins and L. Hunter Lovins.
- Back to the Future: A Review Essay of Paul Hawken, Amory Lovins and L. Hunter Lovins' 'Natural Capitalism' and BjÃ¸rn Lomberg's 'The Skeptical Environmentalist' Desrochers, Pierre // Knowledge, Technology & Policy;Spring2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p103
Reviews the books 'Natural Capitalism,' by Paul Hawken and Amory and Hunter Lovins and 'The Skeptical Environmentalist,' by Bjorn Lomberg.
- The resourceful Revolutionary. Sheldon, Christopher // Director;Nov99, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p85
Features entrepreneur Amory Lovins and his views on natural capitalism in Great Britain. Ways on how to improve one's business; Principles that form the foundation of natural capitalism; His works in the automotive industry; Dependence of companies on natural capital.
- Natural capitalism. Patterson, Mary Jane // New Internationalist;Nov2000, Issue 329, p14
Comments on Amory Lovins' explanation of how natural capitalism can save money and planet Earth both at the same time. Message of the book 'Natural Capitalism'; Technical capacity to use the planet's resources much more efficiently; Businesses' denial of its role in degrading the environment;...
- No clothes, no service. Elliott, Monica // Industrial Engineer: IE;Apr2006, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p6
The article cites the important role of U.S. manufacturing and services industries in preserving the environment. Environmental and energy researchers like Amory and Hunter Lovins and Paul Hawken put the argument in terms that well-meaning but apprehensive industrialists could appreciate....
- Amory Lovins. Riggle, David // In Business;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p18
Profiles Amory Lovins, director of research of Rocky Mountain Institute. Views on energy efficiency, ecocapitalism, green building, sustainable development and the future of automobiles. INSETS: The `green' house on Pennsylvania Avenue.;Creating a sustainable local economy, by Amory...