COAL HARD TRUTHS
- 'The Preferred Way of Doing Things': The British Direct Action Movement. Doherty, Brian; Plows, Alexandra; Wall, Derek // Parliamentary Affairs;Oct2003, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p669
Based on ethnographic research funded by the Economic and Social Research Council this article defines the nature of the British direct action movement, interpreting its protests in terms of the strategic rationales given by its activists. The breadth of the movement's targets distinguishes it...
- The Dynamics of Protest in Britain, 2000-2002. Sanders, David; Clarke, Harold; Stewart, Marianne; Whiteley, Paul // Parliamentary Affairs;Oct2003, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p687
Protest activity in Britain has undergone a resurgence in recent years, exemplified by the massive rally against the Iraq war organised by the Anti-War Coalition in 2003. This article examines actual and potential protest behaviour in Britain in recent years, using information from a new...
- VERMONT. // Advocate;11/20/90, Issue 564, p29
Reports on the demonstration staged by AIDS activists in Vermont.
- #OccupyPerth joins with Chogm protesters, activists arrested. Bainbridge, Alex // Green Left Weekly;10/19/2011, Issue 899, p4
The article informs that three CAN (Chogm Action Network) activists were arrested by the police to stop the #OccupyPerth Action, claiming the damage to public property.
- ILLINOIS. // Advocate;1/12/93, Issue 620, p25
Reports on the protest staged by AIDS activists at the State of Illinois Center in Chicago on December 1, 1992 against a cutback in a state program that subsidizes purchases of AIDS medication.
- MASSACHUSETTS. // Advocate;8/15/89, Issue 531, p20
Reports that activists who belonged to the New York and Boston, Massachusetts chapters of the AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power have protested against three events where disc jockeys played songs recorded by Donna Summer.
- "Protest Packaging" State of the Art. Shaw, Michael // BAGnewsNotes;3/21/2013, p1
A photograph is presented of Animal Equality activists as they lie wrapped in meat packaging in their protest during "Day Without Meat" event in Barcelona, Spain on March 20, 2013.
- Spirited May Day march. // Bay Area Reporter;5/3/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 18, p2
A photograph of LGBT activists during the Occupy May Day marches in Oakland, California is presented.
- The Medium is the Meringue. Cox, Ana Marie // Mother Jones;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p42
Focuses on the use of pie throwing as an effective political protest tool. Use of the tool by members of the Biotic Baking Brigade (BBB) against persons who are `unaccountable' for a variety of corporate crimes; Causes espoused by BBB; Pros and cons of pie throwing.