HOW TO FIX GLOBAL WARMING AND GAIN ENERGY SECURITY
- Sources and Acknowledgements. // Geothermal Energy Report;2005, Issue 2, p62
Acknowledges several organizations for information provided for the study of geothermal energy and its use in power generation.
- City Powered by Renewable Energy. // Natural Life;Jul/Aug99, Issue 68, p5
Reports that the City of Santa Monica, California is powered entirely by geothermal sources. Use of natural resources to generate electricity; Geothermal plants' emission of less air pollution and have minimal effects on the environment; Commonwealth Energy Corporation as the company that will...
- Table of Figures. // Geothermal Generation Report;2009, Vol. 5, p9
The table of tables for the January 2009 issue of "The Geothermal Energy Report: Direct Use and Power Generation" is presented.
- Retrofit cuts arena's power use by 53,000 kwh. Nelson, Kessel L. // Energy User News;Aug97, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the reduction of the electricity consumption of the Stanford University Pavilion, in California, resulting from a lighting retrofit product which was completed in summer 1996. Stanford's contract with T. Marshall Associates; Cost of the project; Other information on the project.
- GEOTHERMAL ON THE RISE. // Electric Perspectives;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p12
The article discusses the development of new geothermal energy projects in the U.S. The Geothermal Energy Association (GEA) reported that there are new projects that are being developed in the country. These projects, which would deliver up to 2,250 megawatts (MW) of electric power, would...
- 3. THE ELECTRICITY SUPPLY INDUSTRY - GENERATING SECTOR. // Electrical Markets of Brazil;2003, p6
Presents a market summary of the generating sector of the electricity supply industry in Brazil in 2000. Structure of the generating industry; Hydropower generating potential; Power forecasts for 2005.
- Geothermal power growth up in 2005. // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;Jan2006, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p6
The article focuses on the report of Washington, D.C.-based Geothermal Energy Association's report that 15 countries expanded their geothermal power production in 2005. Countries with significant geothermal projects include the Philippines, Indonesia, Canada, Germany and Iceland. In the U.S.,...
- Geothermal resources and reserves in Indonesia: an updated revision. Fauzi, A. // Geothermal Energy Science (GtES);2015, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p1
More than 300 high- to low-enthalpy geothermal sources have been identified throughout Indonesia. From the early 1980s until the late 1990s, the geothermal potential for power production in Indonesia was estimated to be about 20 000MWe. The most recent estimate exceeds 29 000MWe derived from the...
- Is geothermal a viable source of N.H. electricity? Patch, Doug // New Hampshire Business Review;3/17/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p10
The article examines whether geothermal energy is a viable source of electricity in New Hampshire. The current geothermal electric power generation in the U.S. is approximately 2,200 megawatts. In New Hampshire, geothermal energy is currently use to heat and cool homes and businesses. The...