Developing a Workout
- Florida CDDs' Have Dirt-Bond Problems. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/3/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33178, p1
The article reports on the dirt bond problems faced by the community development districts (CDDs) in Florida. These problems originate from the widespread distress, the failure of debtors to pay CDD loans and the crisis in the real estate market. Jonathan Johnson, attorney at Hopping Green &...
- Reshearing the Shorn Lambs. Reis, Bernard J. // New Republic;3/30/32, Vol. 70 Issue 904, p170
Focuses on the increase in real-estate bond issue default cases in the United States. Prices issued by the real estate issuers originally at par; Provision that the original house of issue retain control in case of the defaulted real estate bonds; Terms and conditions for protection against...
- Defaults on the Decline as REOs Rise. Harmon, Jennifer // National Mortgage News;8/16/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 45, p1
The article reports on the drop in new default notices as real estate owned property (REO) continue to rise in the U.S.
- Mich. Firm Missed 2001 Payment. // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p31
Reports on the notice of default filed by the trustee of the bonds sold in 1997 through the Redford Township Economic Development Corp. on behalf of Z-Technologies Corp. in Michigan. Schedule of payments to the bond reserve fund; Issuance of the limited-obligation, first-mortgage revenue bonds;...
- Good news in HY: defaults may ease. O'Leary, Christopher // High Yield Report;02/21/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p6
Forecasts the remission of bond defaults in the United States. Impact of default fears on the market; Contribution of the collapse of the Iridium LLC to bond default rates; Performance of seasonal issues; Causes of the stabilization of the market.
- Forthcoming Articles. // Review of Financial Studies;Dec2011, Vol. 24 Issue 12, pNP
A list is presented of articles scheduled for future publication including "Are Corporate Default Probabilities Consistent with the Static Trade-off Theory?" by Armen Hovakimian, Ayla Kayhan, and Sheridan Titman, "Do Country-level Investor Protections Impact Security-level Contract Design?...
- Philadelphia Authority for Industrial Development. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;06/08/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30657, p11
Reports on a defaulted debt issued through the Philadelphia Authority for Industrial Development. Vote of bondholders.
- For defaulted Texas bonds, the risk has become the story. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;09/28/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30735, p26
Reports on defaulted Texas multifamily housing bonds in 1999. Story of the Pampa Housing Finance; Uses of the proceeds from bond sales.
- N.Y. Officials: State Had No Moral Obligation to Back Defaulted Bonds. Raffaele, Louis; Hecht, Franklin // Bond Buyer;10/1/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31234, p44
Comments on the article 'N.Y. Health Agency Under the Gun for Technical Default' published in the September 17, 2001 issue of 'The Bond Buyer' in New York. Issuance of lease revenue bonds; Legal and contractual obligations of the state during the term of the lease; Option of the Department of...