GETTING ALL OUR LEMMINGS IN A ROW
- Climate Change: What We Can Do. Jennings, Lane // Futurist;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p68
Provides solutions to prevent global warming. Effects of global warming; Contributions of individuals to the effort; Role of community organizations; Methods businesses can use to help prevent global warming.
- Cash deal is vital for climate agreement, poor countries say. Vidal, John // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;12/4/2010, Vol. 341 Issue 7784, p1181
The article stresses the importance of funding for future agreement about combating global climate change.
- Oil and food costs may bump climate at G8 talks. Heffernan, Olive // Nature;7/3/2008, Vol. 454 Issue 7200, p12
The article discusses the issues to be raised at the 2008 Group of Eight (G8) Summit in Hokkaido, Japan in July 2008. Accordingly, the meeting, which has been expanded to include the Major Economies Meeting on Energy Security and Climate Change, will consider climate change as its main focus,...
- G8 summit settles on key goals for treaty. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/18/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 71, p17
The article reports on the agreement of the Group of Eight (G8) on the key goals for an environment-related treaty during a summit meeting held in Heiligendamm, Germany in June 2007. German Chancellor Angela Merkel declared that heads of state had reached agreements on the key issues on the...
- Dudley Does Right. Hattam, Jennifer // Sierra;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the call of Canada to its citizens to participate in halting global warming. Carbon dioxide emission reduction plan of the country; Volume of carbon dioxide that should be reduced by every citizen per year; Measures being taken by the government to ensure the success of the initiative.
- Industry expects economic havoc following carbon emissions cuts. Hess, Glenn // Chemical Market Reporter;10/06/97, Vol. 252 Issue 14, p1
Reports on the concerns of business groups in the United States about a proposed international global warming pact requiring mandatory reductions of carbon dioxide emissions by the year 2010. Warning of an increase in energy prices and economic crisis for American industries if they are forced...
- The Road to Copenhagen. McCormack, Gavan // Asia-Pacific Journal: Japan Focus;10/19/2009, Issue 42, p1
The article emphasizes the need to reach a global consensus at the United Nations (UN) climate change conference to be held in December 2009 in Copenhagen, Denmark to launch a campaign to prevent the destructive effects of climate change. According to a study conducted by the UN Environment...
- WE MUST ACT NOW. Brown, Gordon // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);9/28/2009, Vol. 154 Issue 13, p22
The author, who is the prime minister of Great Britain, offers his views on the importance of addressing climate change at summit meetings. The 2009 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen, Denmark is mentioned. The economic costs of climate change, the British low-carbon economic...
- GARDENER'S GUIDE TO GLOBAL WARMING. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Apr/May2007, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p52
The article discusses a report from the National Wildlife Federation (NWF) concerning gardening and global warming. The report outlines actions that gardeners can take to combat global climate change. Outdoor lighting bulbs should be replaced with energy efficient compact fluorescent bulbs....