Siemens Launches S40 Phone
- Algeria. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/20/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 33, p12
Focuses on the plans by the government to set up a global standard for mobiles system in Algeria. Supply by Finland's Nokia of analog mobile telephone system in 1989; Negotiations by Egypt's Orascom Telecom to act as an operator; Wariness by international operators unless economic stability is...
- Talk of the town. Croal, N'Gai; Rambler, Mark // Newsweek;9/15/1997, Vol. 130 Issue 11, p11
Presents the Telenium phone from Panasonic. Telenium as a cordless and cellular phone combination; How the phone works.
- Silence is golden. Howard, Lucy; O'Donnell, Paul // Newsweek;7/20/1998, Vol. 132 Issue 3, p8
Mentions Japanese government guidelines for use of jamming devices to block cell phone calls in public places. Interruptions in concert halls and restaurants; Concern about the impact on pacemakers and doctors' beepers.
- Phone Frisking. Sullum, Jacob // Hit & Run;12/18/2011, p32
The article reports on a bill that would require judicial authorization for examining a suspect's mobile phone in the U.S.
- Motorola Rolls Out Industry's 1st iDEN/GSM Phone. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;04/17/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p23
Reports introduction of iDEN and global system for mobile communications world telephone by Motorola. Coverage and operations of the telephone service; Nextel as first iDEN carrier to offer i2000 telephone; Information on Nextel Worldwide calling plan.
- Siemens Picks Chipset For Next-gen. // Wireless Week;11/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 47, p26
Reports on the suppliers of the chipsets that Siemens AG will use for its next generation global system for mobile communication telephones. Siemens' share of the market for cellular telephones in Europe.
- Siemens leaps into packet telephony. Greene, Tim // Network World;06/04/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p41
Reports that Siemens introduced its Surpass packet-based voice and data gear that can still interoperate with older phone networks. Key features and specifications of Surpass; Availability information; Price.
- Oman. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/18/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 24, p22
Reports that Germany's Siemens has won a contract from the General Telecommunications Organization (GTO) to expand the global standard for mobiles (GSM) network in Dhofar, Oman. Stages of the project; Sweden's Ericsson and Motorolla of United States' contracts for GSM network expansion in...
- Siemens Wireless SIMpad Due With HomeRF. Scoblete, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;02/26/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p36
Announces the schedule for the shipment of the Gigaset 4600 SIMpad Mobile Internet pad developed by Siemens in San Diego, California. Features of the wireless SIM pad; Implication for residential users; Compatibility of the Gigaset with personal computer programs; Product pricing.