PCIA Foundation Expands Role
- PCIA launches global initiative to address Internet. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p10
Reports on the Personal Communications Industry Association's PCIA Global Initiative, a division designed to provide consumer and market data for the mobile Internet and m-commerce markets.
- PCIA argues to use historical data for paging wiretapping capacity. // RCR;09/04/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p22
Presents the requirements for paging carriers to allocate capacity for digital wiretapping activities according to the Personal Communications Industry Association.
- PCIA: "Where The Market Rules". // Wireless Week;9/10/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 37, p1
Presents information on the PCIA GlobalXChange, a conference on the convergence of mobile technologies which will take place on September 11 to 13, 2001 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in California. Target companies of the conference; Workshops and co-located events; Special features of...
- Y2K efforts lead paging team-work. Bruno, Antony // RCR;12/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 49, p24
Reports on the disclosure made by the Personal Communications Industry Association's Y2K Task Force that the paging industry in the United States has almost completed its Year 2000 date conversion (Y2K) readiness efforts. Regular conference calls conducted by paging carriers and manufacturers to...
- Do SMRS have to comply with CALEA? Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;05/31/99, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p24
Reports that the Personal Communications Industry Association (PCIA) is questioning the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the need to require analog specialized mobile radio (SMR) carriers to establish procedures to facilitate law enforcement wiretaps. Confusion among...
- CALEA Looms, Carriers Still Awaiting Solutions. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;05/29/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p22
Reports on the deadline extension sought by the paging industry in the United States (U.S.) for the Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act, 1994 (CALEA) compliance. Terms of the extension comments filed by the PCIA to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission in behalf of other...
- Scanning... Bishop, Don // Mobile Radio Technology;Oct97, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p4
Editorial. Reports on changes concerning the membership sections of the Personal Communications Industry Association. Name change of the Association of Communications Technicians to the Alliance of Wireless Communications Engineers and Technicians; Formation of the Mobile Wireless...
- PCIA embraces LMDS contingent. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;08/31/98, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p11
Annouces a plan to create a membership council which would represent local multipoint distribution services (LMDS) operators by the Personal Communications Industry Association (PCIA). What is LMDS; Information the PCIA; Comments from Jay Kitchen, president of the PCIA.
- PCIA backs limits for SMR auction. // RCR;09/01/97, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p1
Looks at the request of the Personal Communications Industry Association (PCIA) that the Federal Communications Commission allow wireless carriers to participate in an upcoming auction for market areas in the MHz-860 MHz band. Other suggestions by the association; Comments from Donald Vasek,...