Same-Day Appointments: Exploding the Access Paradigm
- Personal View. Russell, T. // British Medical Journal;2/17/1979, Vol. 1 Issue 6161, p480
Focuses on the profession of general practice. Implications of appointment systems on general practice; Importance of recording of events on general practice; Training of qualified doctors for general practice.
- Waiting for the doctor. Marshall, E.I. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);4/12/1986, Vol. 292 Issue 6526, p993
Examines the interval between appointments in general practice strategies. Allocation of patients in specific times to see the physician; Variation between different general practices; Utilization of a mathematical model to simulate the pattern of patient arrival to any general practitioner's...
- Keep It Simple and Systematic. Solberg, Leif I. // Family Practice Management;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p63
Reports on the systematic approach to the practice of family medicine in the U.S. Improvement in the care quality for patients; Application of systems thinking to clinical care; Standardization of the appointment system. INSETS: SPEEDBARÂ®;KEY POINTS;GETTING STARTED.
- Escape from McMedicine. Wible, Pamela L. // Holistic Primary Care;Spring2011, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p13
The article offers information on the antonym contest for physicians, in which the winner was Dr. Rosalia Leite-Evans.
- Additional opening hours. Cowling, Thomas E.; Harris, Matthew J.; Soljak, Michael A.; Majeed, Azeem // BMJ: British Medical Journal;1/4/2014, Vol. 348 Issue 7939, p24
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the head to head debate about general practice opening hours.
- Sharing control of appointment length with patients in general practice. Barry, Chris // British Journal of General Practice;May2013, Vol. 63 Issue 610, p238
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article about sharing control of appointment length of time with patients in general practice, that was published in the previous issue of the "British Journal of General Practice."
- ASK FPM. Claypol, Jamie L.; Hawks, Pamela S.; Henry, Julie; Moore, Kent // Family Practice Management;May2001, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p52
Presents a question and answer advisory regarding family practice management in the United States. Charges imposed for monthly disability forms; Selection criteria for a scheduling software; Availability of start-up publications for medical practice planning; Considerations in adopting the...
- PRACTICE PEARLS. Take SOAP to SNOCAMP. Larimore, Walt // Family Practice Management;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p30
The author offers information on the SNOCAMP format, an alternative to "SOAP," which can be used by physicians to document their evaluation and management (E/M) services.
- Family medicine. Brown, Sanford J. // Family Practice Management;Oct2004, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p57
The article presents the author's experience of treating his patients. Sometimes the author gets such information about his patients that even the patients themselves cannot know about. It is often via a phone call from a worried spouse. After receiving the author's assurances, they then go on...