The Voice Of Wireless Data
- Slick Voice Ads May Rival 'Net Banners. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;03/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p24
Reports the increase in interest about the use of the voice to access wireless Internet content. Percentage of wireless users predicted to employ voice portals; Standard launched by SpeechWorks Inc. in Web advertising for voice portals.
- The death of five nines. Lynch, Grahame // Telecom Asia;Oct2002, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p46
Focuses on the quality in wireless networks. Inferiority of quality on Voice over Internet telephony connections; Erratic performance of the Internet; Reliability of the digital subscriber lines on the authentication server.
- THEY'RE AT THE GATE. Kintzel, Jeremy // Wireless Review;06/01/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p48
Focuses on the transition of wireless carriers to voice-over Internet protocol, through signaling gateways, media gateways and media-gateway controllers. Significance of signaling gateways; Advantages of the aggressive use of gateways and gateway controllers.
- Quality of experience issues in multimedia provision. Koumaras, Harilaos; Liberal, Fidel; Sun, Lingfen // Telecommunication Systems;Jan2012, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the quality of experience (QoE) assessment for voice over internet protocol (VoIP) applications in real wireless environment, novel no-reference parametric speech quality estimate...
- Keeping on track with 3G. Mason, Charles // America's Network;09/15/99, Vol. 103 Issue 14, p61
Highlights third generation wireless networks (3G) in telecommunication. How it allows carriers to increase their voice-carrying capacity; Country wherein demand for 3G networks will occur first; How increased bandwidth is made possible by 3G; How the Internet model can bring a whole new...
- Want Some Web With That Phone? Kooser, Amanda C. // Entrepreneur;Sep2000, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p78
Deals with the emerging Web-enabled cellular phone technology. List of top three Web-enabled cellular services companies; Personal Digital Assistant features of NeoPoint NP1000; Limitations of Web-enabled phones on Internet surfing; Cost ranges of a Web-enabled phone.
- NOT wired. McGarvey, Robert // Entrepreneur;Sep2000, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p98
Deals with the continuous growth of the wireless service market. Prediction on the growth of wireless-Web-ready smart phones by 2003; Advantages brought by cell phones to the information-retrieval equation; Business opportunities brought by the wireless devices; Obstacle to the business...
- Wireless E-commerce Gets Boost. Parker, John // Traffic World;4/17/2000, Vol. 262 Issue 3, p22
Reports on cooperation among mobile telephone manufacturers Motorola, Ericsson and Nokia to develop a framework for wireless Internet access. Details of the partnership designed to encourage adoption of mobile electronic commerce; Background on the Wireless Application Protocol; Applications of...
- Wireless Out Of The Box. Blanchard, Jack // Wireless Week;01/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p33
Focuses on the Web-ready telephones offered by wireless communication companies and explores how they influence consumers. List of some of the wireless handsets which can access the Internet; How long will it take wireless content to catch up with wireline Internet content.