Divided Over Handset Regulation
- Danger signals. Marks, Paul // New Scientist;05/27/2000, Vol. 166 Issue 2240, p7
Reports on the finding of a study on the dangers of cellular telephone use on airplanes. Study by Great Britain's Civil Aviation Authority; Affects on pilots and threats to aircraft; Need for better design and implementation of mobile telephones that do not interfere with aircraft signals.
- AMERICANS SPLIT ON MOBILE RESTRICTIONS. // America's Network;11/01/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 16, p17
Presents the results of a survey of LightspeedResearch.com which found out the division of United States citizens over government restrictions on cellular telephone. Restriction on cell phone usage; Position of Verizon Wireless on cellular telephone restrictions.
- nma research uncovers kids' digital habits. Cooper, Will // New Media Age;2/24/2011, p01
The article reports on the findings of research commissioned by the publication in February 2011 that the Internet is more important to British children aged eight to 15 than either mobile phones or television. According to Lightspeed Research, 29.8 percent of 262 British children surveyed...
- Nma research uncovers kids' digital habits. // Design Week (Online Edition);2/24/2011, p241
The article offers information on qualitative research projects related to children's interaction with computers, mobiles and web-connected devices in Great Britain. It reports that an online survey of 262 children conducted by Lightspeed Research Ltd. declared that 29.8 percent use internet...
- Squeezing the cellular network. Potter, Robin // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb99, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p63
Looks into problems associated with the rapid expansion of the cellular telephone market in the United States. Problems in optimizing the cellular network to deliver both performance and quality of service; Processes and benefits involved with performance engineering in mobile networks.
- Pre-paid popularity. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug2001, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p70
Examines the rise of prepaid cellular telephone services in Thailand. Pay-as-you packages being offered by the country's largest service providers, Advanced Information Services and Total Access Communications; Tactics being employed by the companies to gain a larger market share; Other...
- VERIZON & LG MOBILE PHONES INTRODUCE HIGH SPEED DATA PHONE. // Telephone IP News;Jun2002, Vol. 13 Issue 6, pN.PAG
Deals with the move Verizon Wireless to introduce LG Mobile Phones's VX1, a cellular telephone that can access Verizon's high-speed Express Network service. Features of the cellular telephone; Information on the Express Network service of Verizon; Charge cost for Verizon's Express Network service.
- 3G Cell Phones: Still To Come. Frenzel, Louis E. // Electronic Design;2/18/2002, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p42
Focuses on third generation cellular phones. Paths to 3G cell phones; Service capabilities of 3G cell phones; Digital signal processor needs of 3G radios.
- TALK IS CHEAP. // Engineer (00137758);5/30/2003, Vol. 292 Issue 7628, p46
Reports on the patent filing for disposable mobile phones (DMP). Features and operation of DMP.