Will They Call It WAP-Mode?
- WAPster Rap: Get Out Word. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p1
Deals with the assertions made by Scott Goldman, chief executive officer of the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) Forum at the Unwired Universe 2000 conference. Growth in the number of WAP developers and Web sites; Evidences that the wireless Internet is being accepted; Complaints about WAP.
- No Apologies. Wickman, Rhonda L. // Wireless Review;08/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 16, Special section p6
Presents the views of Scott Goldman, chief executive of the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) Forum, on the problems faced by the wireless communication standard. Intellectual property rights issues in line with WAP; Comments by Goldman on the rumored demise of WAP; Why WAP consumers do not...
- In Brief. // Wireless Review;04/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p12
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry in the United States as of April 15, 2001. Ownership of Meteor by Western Wireless; Resignation of Scott Goldman from WAP Forum.
- Handheld Web May Not Open Images. Lopez, Ed // Wireless Week;08/09/99, Vol. 5 Issue 32, p20
States that data-intensive displays that personal computer users associate with Internet browsing cannot simply be transferred over to wireless communication devices. Constraints with the Wireless Application Protocol for wireless Internet devices; Implications of the differences in wireless...
- WAP handset sales to accelerate. // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p24
Informs on the predicted rise in the shipment of Wireless Application Protocol- (WAP) enabled handsets from 2000 through 2004, according to Allied Business Intelligence.
- Vendors push wireless data spec. // Telephony;01/26/98, Vol. 234 Issue 4, p82
Focuses on the formation of the Wireless Applications Protocol Forum to facilitate the development of wireless data content in the United States.
- Wap happy. Walley // Global Telephony;Nov99, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p7
Reports on the plans by several European companies to commercially launch wireless application protocol services. Reaching saturation levels for mobile penetration in Europe; Plan to offer Sonera Zed solution and technology platform; Telia Mobile's launching of MyDOF, a location-sensitive...
- The Yap About WAP. Kamadolli, Shyam // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec2000, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p90
Reports on telecommunications carriers' confidence in the potential of Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) as they venture into wireless data services. Background on the development of WAP; Estimated users of WAP devices; WAP applications developed and in development stage.
- Actually, 2000 Was All Right. Swasey, Larry // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Feb2001, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p28
Comments on the performance of the wireless data market in the United States in 2000. Comparison between the WAP (Wireless Application Protocol) and Japan's iMode; Factors limiting the growth of WAP; Estimated number of wireless data users in 2005.