Intel's Down-to-Earth Wireless Strategy
- Finishing touches. Meyers, Jason; Carter, Wayne // Telephony;09/22/97, Vol. 233 Issue 12, p56
Describes the innovations made in wireless communication networks as exhibited at the Personal Communications Industry Association's PCS '97 show held in Dallas, Texas, on September 1997. Focus of Lucent Technologies on intelligent network solutions; Use of an open architecture perspective by...
- Cusp Of Convergence. Smith, Brad; Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;10/02/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p1
Reports that advanced applications of wireless Internet needs more bandwidth according to speakers at Personal Communications Industry Association GlobalXchange conference in Chicago, Illinois in 2000. Role of voice technology on the wireless industry; Opinion on third generation (3G) wireless...
- Partnerships, growing the pie will be themes of future wireless Internet. Luna, Lynnette // RCR Wireless News;10/2/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p32
Focuses on issues about wireless Internet discussed during the 2000 GlobalXChange convention of the Personal Communication Industry Association. Outlook of participants on wireless Internet; Key factors for the success of wireless Internet; Remarks from Dennis Patrick, president of AOL Wireless.
- Wireless Data: Comedy & Reality. Goldman, Chris // Wireless Review;11/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p13
Presents highlights of the 2000 Personal Communications Industry Association GlobalXChange convention. Trends in wireless-data uptake; Type of data terminals that were predicted to evolve; How the convergence of wireless and Internet was represented.
- Don't Hold Your Breath Waiting For 3G. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;10/02/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p18
Reports that the speakers of the Personal Communications Industry Association GlobalXchange convention were not promising a near-term market for third generation (3G) wireless services. Prediction of Carl Northrop, partner at Paul Hasting Janofsky & Walter; Factors that will undermine the...
- Intel Revs Up Wireless Offerings. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;9/16/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 33, p1
Announces that Intel Corp. has added breadth and depth to its offerings of wireless communication systems. Technology underlying its Personal Internet Client Architecture; Expansion made by Intel on the capability of its XScale processors; Outline on the mobile personal computer platform of...
- INTEL/LINKSYS IMPROVE SOHO WIRELESS BROADBAND EXPERIENCE. // Tele-Service News;Sep2003, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the establishment of a technology and marketing program by Intel Corp. and Linksys in September 2003, in an effort to improve the operation of wireless networks in homes and small offices.
- Intel preps mobile initiative. Briody, Dan // InfoWorld;08/04/97, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p18
Focuses on Intel Corp.'s slated launch of its Mobile Data Initiative in an effort to create a standard for wireless connections to corporate data networks and the Internet via notebooks and cellular phones. Coordination with an announcement by telecommunications service providers of the North...
- Intel eases wireless networking connectivity. Mutschler, Ann Steffora // Electronic News;1/29/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p30
The article focuses on the Next-Gen Wireless-N network connection unveiled by Intel Corp.