Cusp Of Convergence
- Finishing touches. Meyers, Jason; Carter, Wayne // Telephony;09/22/97, Vol. 233 Issue 12, p56
Describes the innovations made in wireless communication networks as exhibited at the Personal Communications Industry Association's PCS '97 show held in Dallas, Texas, on September 1997. Focus of Lucent Technologies on intelligent network solutions; Use of an open architecture perspective by...
- Intel's Down-to-Earth Wireless Strategy. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;10/02/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the wireless communication strategy of Intel Corp. who participated at the GlobalXchange convention of the Personal Communications Industry Association in 2000. Performance of the company's stocks in the third-quarter of 2000; Wireless offerings of the company.
- Partnerships, growing the pie will be themes of future wireless Internet. Luna, Lynnette // RCR Wireless News;10/2/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p32
Focuses on issues about wireless Internet discussed during the 2000 GlobalXChange convention of the Personal Communication Industry Association. Outlook of participants on wireless Internet; Key factors for the success of wireless Internet; Remarks from Dennis Patrick, president of AOL Wireless.
- Wireless Data: Comedy & Reality. Goldman, Chris // Wireless Review;11/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p13
Presents highlights of the 2000 Personal Communications Industry Association GlobalXChange convention. Trends in wireless-data uptake; Type of data terminals that were predicted to evolve; How the convergence of wireless and Internet was represented.
- Don't Hold Your Breath Waiting For 3G. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;10/02/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p18
Reports that the speakers of the Personal Communications Industry Association GlobalXchange convention were not promising a near-term market for third generation (3G) wireless services. Prediction of Carl Northrop, partner at Paul Hasting Janofsky & Walter; Factors that will undermine the...
- Meeting Homes In On Zoning. // Wireless Week;10/14/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 37, p29
Announces the conference of the Personal Communications Industry Association on October 23, 2002. Scheduled topics of discussion.
- 'I'll Be Back...Maybe' // Wireless Review;11/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p14
Focuses on the outcome of the 2000 GlobalXChange convention of the Personal Communications Industry Association (PCIA). Comments from convention participants; What trade shows do; Recommendations for future shows of the PCIA.
- Orlando magic. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;10/2/95, Vol. 229 Issue 14, p7
Opinion. Comments on the PCS `95 exhibition sponsored by the Personal Communications Industry Association at the Orlando Convention Center in Florida. Number of companies that participated; Launching of major narrowband PCS ventures; Author's views on the speakers and seminars.
- Vendors hope to cash in at PCS '95. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;9/11/95, Vol. 229 Issue 11, p10
Focuses on the 1995 Personal Communications Industry Association-sponsored show or PCS '95. Highlights of the show; Telecommunication companies participating in the show; Objectives of the show.