Shades of grey: patient versus client
- CODING & DOCUMENTATION. Hughes, Cindy // Family Practice Management;Jun2006, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p30
The article presents questions and answers advisory related to medicine. One person asks the legality of the 99211 bill for a blood pressure check of one of the visiting patients. Another questions the payment procedure involving several medical services offered to a single patient. A reader...
- Health care history. // CCPA Monitor;Jul2011, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p12
The article reports on the legislation passed by the Vermont Senate which aims to establish a single-payer health care system to provide medical services to all its citizens.
- Use a Steady Hand as You Manage Health Care Reform. Maginnis, Jerry J.; Giniat, Edward J. // Pennsylvania CPA Journal;Summer2010, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the impact of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act. It states that such legislations include changes to the Internal Revenue Code to offset some health care coverage expansion costs which affect drug...
- Employers get one-year reprieve on new health care mandate. Carey, Mary Agnes // Inside Tucson Business;7/5/2013, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p5
The article reports on the announcement of U.S. President Barack Obama administration regarding the postponement of implementing the Affordable Care Act for a year, until 2015.
- What Happens to a Dream Deferred? The Folly of Delaying HIPAA. Scott, Jeanne Schulte // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Aug2001, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p30
Provides information on Information Portability and Accountability Act, a common-sense guide to solving growing concerns about healthcare in the United States. Impact of information technology on the country's healthcare system; Significance of the Institute of Medicine 2000 report on medical...
- House must strike balance. // Business Insurance;7/9/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 28, p8
Comments on the legislation of patient health care plans protection in Washington D.C. Recommendation of remedies; Protection of participants rights; Provision of high quality care by employers.
- ADVANCE HEALTH CARE DIRECTIVES: PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS FOR THE ELDER LAW AND ESTATE PLANNING PRACTITIONER. BENZIO, BROOKE M. // St. Thomas Law Review;Fall2013, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p37
The article discusses the importance of advance health care directives authorized by states of the U.S. to protect patient autonomy. According to legal practitioners of Florida, clients are concerned about estate planning and elder law to take decision in case of end-of-life treatment and health...
- Adolescent patients and their confidentiality: Staying within legal bounds. Anderson, Stephanie L.; Schaechter, Judith; Brosco, Jeffrey P. // Contemporary Pediatrics;Jul2005, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p54
This article discusses the rights of U.S. adolescent patients to confidential health care. Adolescents are more likely to seek care in a setting in which they believe their privacy will be maintained, but it is state and federal regulations that, determine the degree of privacy that a patient is...
- HHS designates ISMP as Patient Safety Organization. // Drug Formulary Review;Jan2009, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p12
The article reports that the Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP) in Horsham, Pennsylvania has been designated as one of the first 10 Patient Safety Organizations (PSOs) by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). PSOs were created to identify groups that aim to improve...