- Support for young people seeking work. // Workplace Learning & Skills Bulletin;9/21/2015, Issue 155, p9
The article discusses the question raised to the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions on the kind of support his department provided for young people seeking work during the oral questions raised to the department on September 7, 2015. The Minister for Employment, Priti Patel, mentioned the...
- Drive to reduce child poverty remains stalled. Grewal, Herpreet Kaur // Regeneration & Renewal;5/11/2009, p2
The article reports on the statistics released by the Department for Work and Pensions regarding the number of children living in relative poverty in Great Britain. It reveals that the figures remain unchanged between 2006/2007 and 2007/2008. According to Paul Dornan, head of policy at the Child...
- Purnell: pilot areas set for greater control. Hayman, Allister // Regeneration & Renewal;1/26/2009, p11
The article reports on the move of the cities of Glasgow, Scotland, Greater Birmingham and Greater Manchester, England to pilot welfare tsar David Freud's new invest-to-save model that will take control of the British Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) employment budgets. The pilot will...
- Pre-PPF failures to get right to compensation. // Design Week (Online Edition);6/16/2011, p9
The article reports that Great Britain government has planned to amend legislation for ensuring that the pension schemes that failed before the Pension Protection Fund are established for receiving compensation. Great Britain Department for Work and Pensions has launched plans for extending the...
- Department for Work and Pensions. Stapleton, David; Protik, Ali; Stone, Christal // Benefits: The Journal of Poverty & Social Justice;Jun2009, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p189
The article presents the highlights of the findings of a review of the international evidence on the costs associated with disability. Great Britain's Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) commissioned the review to help in the assessment of the country's disability allowance programmes, the...
- STOP PRESS. // Regeneration & Renewal;6/13/2008, p2
The article offers news briefs related to community development in Great Britain. The Department for Works and Pensions revealed that the immigration from the European Union's new member states has not increased unemployment among British workers. The market share prices of the major houding...
- Data informs debate. Gabb, Genevieve; Vitry, Agnes; Thynne, Tilenka // Australian Prescriber;Aug2015, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p113
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Data informs debate" is presented which discusses the effectiveness and safety of new medicines entering the market as of August 2015.
- IFAs forecast rise in cash-equivalent transfer values. Greenwood, John // Money Marketing;7/3/2003, p7
Reports that British independent financial advisers are predicting a rise in cash-equivalent transfer values from occupational pension schemes. Rules issued by the Department for Work and Pensions; Expansion of pension scheme trustees' authority; Creation of the pension protection fund.
- Warning on trustee wind-up powers. Greenwood, John // Money Marketing;7/31/2003, p5
Reports on the plans of Department for Work and Pensions to allow trustees to wind up schemes if they think the employer is not committed to funding in Great Britain. Reaction of standard and pension specialists towards the department's plans; Implications of the department's plans.