NBN Posts Clients' Books Online, Hopes Film Producers Take Interest
- Sales Jump 20% at NBN. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/14/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the sales of the National Book Network for the year 2001 in the United States. Increase in the company's net sales; Bestsellers which contributed to the rise in fourth quarter sales.
- NBN weathers transitional year. Milliott, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/19/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 3, p233
Reports National Book Network president Jed Lyons prediction that 1998 will be a better year for the company than 1997. Reasons for the 1997 financial picture; Factors for 1998.
- NBN Warehouse Damaged by Fire. // Publishers Weekly;8/18/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 33, p12
Reports on a fire accident at the warehouse of book distributor National Book Network in Blue Ridge Summit, Pennsylvania in August 2003. Reaction from publishers who are working with National Book Network.
- NBN Forms Division for Small Publishers. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/28/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 22, p14
Provides information on Biblio Distribution, a division formed and launched by the National Book Network to take over all back-office functions for any small publisher that has an ongoing publishing program. Appointment of Dina Fullerton at Biblio; Acquisition of the assets of Taylor Trade...
- Distribution daybook. Kinsella, Bridget // Publishers Weekly;1/24/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 4, p182
Presents information related to distribution of books as of January 24, 2000. Topics of the white papers published by Publishers Marketing Association; Area of the distribution center of National Book Network in Blue Ridge Summit, Pennsylvania; Agreement of Dufour Editions with John Jones...
- Entrepreneur magazine starts book division. Patrick, Diane // Publishers Weekly;8/17/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 33, p14
Reports that in the Fall of 1998 `Entrepreneur' magazine will launch a trade book division to be called Entrepreneur Books. How Susan Stone Russell will be the company's director of marketing; Distribution of company products through the National Book Network; Number of books expected to be...
- Biblio Shrinks Client List. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;7/11/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 27, p8
Reports on the contraction made by the National Book Network to its Biblio Distribution unit, formed in 2001 to service micro publishers. Number of publishers to be dropped by the company; Alternate outlets that small publishers should consider; Examples of failed small publishers.
- NBN Dealing with Order Backlog. Milliot, Jim; Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;3/15/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 11, p17
Reports on the actions taken by the National Book Network (NBN) to catch up on a backlog of shipments that accumulated in its warehouse in February 2004. Information on the warehouse system that was installed; Reason behind the delays in shipping books and accepting returns; Reaction of client...
- NBN Is Just Kidding. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;5/24/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 21, p29
Reports on the decision of the National Book Network (NBN) to set up the children's catalogue called NBN Kids. Number of children's publishers that already signed up with NBN Kids; Publishers that will join NBN Kids; Comment from Marianne Bohr, vice-president of marketing, on the decision of NBN.