WALL OF REASON: ALAN DERSHOWITZ v. THE INTERNATIONAL COURT OF JUSTICE
- World Court cases considered. // United Nations Chronicle;Jun95, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p75
Reports on the cases brought to the International Court of Justice from February to March 1995. Proceedings against Canada; Case concerning maritime deliberations between Qatar and Bahrain; General Assembly request on threat of nuclear weapons.
- Law and order. Half, Cameron // Harvard International Review;Winter94/95, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p54
Analyzes the global cooperation in the International Court of Justice's mediation of disputes (ICJ). ICJ as the principal judiciary organ of the United Nations (UN); Issue of the jurisdiction of an international legal body; Implication of nations' reluctancy to submit to ICJ decisions.
- EGYPT-GAZA. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);1/22/2010, Vol. 190 Issue 4774, p12
The article reports on the intention of the Palestinian Authority to take the issue of Palestinian captives in Israel to the International Court of Justice in The Hague, Netherlands.
- International Court of Justice. // International Organization;Spring57, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p384
This article discusses the proceedings of the United Nations International Court of Justice as of May 1957.
- World Court debates nuclear war. Burroughs, John; Cabasso, Jacqueline // Earth Island Journal;Spring96, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p25
Reports on the International Court of Justice hearing held on November 1995 regarding the legality of nuclear weapons. Arguments of non-nuclear countries; Stand of Australia; Argument of US Defense Department attorney John McNeill.
- After Alyosha: Baltic Citizenship Requirements Twenty Years After the Fall of Soviet Communism. Brasington, Charles E. // Transnational Law & Contemporary Problems;Spring2011, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p197
The article discusses the compliance of the citizenship laws in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania with the international law under the Statute of the International Court of Justice (ICJ). It offers a brief history of the citizenship policy of the Baltic States. It examines the concept of...
- NEW PUBLICATIONS IN INTERNATIONAL LAW. // Melbourne Journal of International Law;2011, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p432
The article lists new books of international law which includes "International Arbitral Jurisdiction," by Chittharanjan F. Amerasinghe, "Counterclaims before the International Court of Justice," by Constantine Antonopoulos and "Global Migration Governance," edited by Alexander Betts.
- The Impact of the Nicaragua Case on Matters of Evidence and Fact-Finding. REICHLER, PAUL S. // Leiden Journal of International Law;Mar2012, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p149
The Nicaragua case demonstrates the Court's competence in receiving and interpreting evidence, and in making reasoned findings of fact, even in the most complicated evidentiary context, as is often presented in cases involving use of force and armed conflict. The Court applied well-established...
- Table of Contents. // Chinese Journal of International Law;Dec2013, Vol. 12 Issue 4, pNP
The table of contests for the December 2013 issue of "Chinese Journal of International Law" is presented.