Ener1 to help develop high-energy batteries for hybrid buses, heavy-duty vehicles
- HYB-1000 Hybrid Battery System Analyzer, setting the standard for the future of Hybrid battery pack. Thornton, Dan // Automotive Industries;May2010, Vol. 190 Issue 5, p37
A preview of the HYB-1000 Hybrid Battery System Analyzer for electric and hybrid vehicle from Midtronics Inc. is presented.
- Midtronics Introduces Industry's First Battery Analyzer for Hybrid Vehicles. Knox, Jon // Automotive Industries;May2010, Vol. 190 Issue 5, p41
A preview of the HYB-1000 Hybrid Battery System Analyzer for electric and hybrid vehicles from Midtronics Inc. is presented.
- E-V battery production revved up by stimulus. Thomas, Ken // South Texas Automotive Report;Oct2010, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p17
The article reports that the funded mass-produced advanced batteries of U.S. President barrack Obama administration's recovery program are preparing the stage for hybrid and electric vehicles (E-V).
- Contest revs up new technologies. Guilford, Dave // Automotive News;4/11/2011, Vol. 85 Issue 6459, p6
The article reports on the EcoCAR competition ride and drive sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy and General Motors Corp. where sixteen teams of engineering students showcased, fuel-cell plug-in hybrids vehicles which carry both, a fuel cell stack and a battery
- Ford Just Weeks Away from Delivering First Hybrid Vehicle. Stoffer, Harry // Automotive News;8/2/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5831, p6
Reports on Ford Motor Co.'s delivery of its first hybrid-powered car to the United States Department of Energy. Agency's subsidy for research and development of the automobile; Car as the latest in a series of Ford's P2000 research vehicles, the product of a contract between the company and the...
- Plug-in Ram hybrid set for testing. // Fleet Owner;May2010, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p22
The article reports on the plans of Chrysler Group LLC to build and test a fleet of 140 half-ton Ram pickups with plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) drive system after receiving a 48 million dollars grant from the Department of Energy in the U.S.
- Life cycle assessment of electric mobility: answers and challenges-Zurich, April 6, 2011. Frischknecht, Rolf; Flury, Karin // International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment;Aug2011, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p691
Introduction: Alternative ways and means of transportation are necessary in order to reduce the environmental impacts of mobility. In the recent years, biofuels were first seen as a main option and then LCA showed also possible hazards of this development. Recently, public interest is rapidly...
- Ultracapacitors Charge Ahead in Automotive. Morrison, David // Ward's Auto World;Oct2004 Supplement, Vol. 40, p10
Comments on the efforts of the motor vehicle industry to develop better performing batteries for hybrid electric vehicles and fuel cell cars. Assessment of the ultracapacitor development in comparison with battery development; Factors that will influence the deployment of ultracapacitors in...
- Better Hybrid Batteries Several Years Away. Visnic, Bill // Ward's Auto World;Nov2006, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p24
The article focuses on the opportunities offered by the improvements on nickel-metal-hydride batteries to hybrid-electric vehicle (HEV) market as discussed by Dave Hermance, executive engineer at the Toyota Technical Center USA Inc., at the Convergence 2006. He stressed that lithium-ion...