Volvo to fill order for 235 buses for Australian cities of Sydney, Brisbane
- Busworld Kortrijk points at an electromobile future. Raheja, Anirudh // Commercial Vehicle;Nov2015, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p42
Information about several papers discussed at the 2015 Busworld Kortrijk trade show held at Kortrijk Xpo in Belgium on October 16-21, 2015 is presented. Topics include the implementation of intelligent transportation systems (ITS), automation and low or zero emission vehicles. The trade show...
- Going Places. Shukla, Geetanjali // Business Today;7/8/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p99
The article offers information on the success of the company Volvo Buses in India. The buses of this company were launched in India in 2001. Since then, they have been able to make good name for them in Indian market. Volvo Buses is now focusing on expanding its business in India by introducing...
- Volvo hybrid bus serial production begins. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2010, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p10
The article reports on the start of the serial production of Volvo 7700 Hybrid and double-decker Volvo B5L Hybrid buses from Volvo Buses.
- UTC takes delivery of Volvo 9400 intercity coaches. // Commercial Vehicle;May2015, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p11
The article reports on the delivery by Volvo Buses of several coaches in 2015 which will operate under a Public Private Partnership arrangement between Great Value Fuels and Uttarakhand Transport Corporation.
- Volvo Selling Buses in Canada, U.S. // Assembly;Mar2009, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p19
The article reports on the move of Volvo Buses to market its products in North America in 2009 as part of an ongoing campaign to expand its market share internationally. The indirect market presence of the company in the region is attributed to its Canadian subsidiaries Prevost and Nova Bus....
- Automotives. // India Retail Report;Q2 2012, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p74
The article presents an overview and analysis on India's automobile industry. It mentions that the country's carmakers were taken by surprise after the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to increase interest rates on September 16, 2011. It notes that passenger car sales were up by 1.84...
- SWEDEN: Volvo Buses Q4 operating income totals US$7.67m. // Aroq - Just-Auto.com (Global News);2/7/2014, p11
The article reports that Volvo Buses, a subsidiary of Swedish vehicle maker Volvo AB, reported an increase of 2% in its net sales for the fourth quarter of 2013, in comparison to the sales in the same period in 2012. It also reported operating income of SEK50 million in comparison to an...
- $210-M in savings from new school bus contracts. BLOOMBERG, MICHAEL R. // Filipino Reporter;11/15/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 50, p20
The article reports on new school busing contracts in the U.S. that will save the city $210 million over the next five years.
- Abellio wins in Limburg. // Railway Gazette International;Mar2015, Vol. 171 Issue 3, p11
The article reports on the selection of transport company Abellio by the province of Limburg, Netherlands for a contract to operate the regional rail and bus services, which was announced on February 10, 2015. It discusses the schedule of the service's operation, the stopping services on the...