NATDA, NATM unite to help trailer dealers
- Truck safety improving; Four wheelers worse. // Overdrive;May94, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p18
Reports on driving performance of drivers and truck safety discussed during the 12th annual Lifesaver Symposium in Washington, D.C. Improvement of truck driving safety; Deteriorating driving performance of drivers; Changes proposed by trucking and government people.
- Pit Stop for Trucking Rules. // Christian Science Monitor;8/31/99, Vol. 91 Issue 193, p10
Editorial. Focuses on the useful ideas released by Congress and the Clinton administration for road safety regarding the trucking industry.
- Driving on down the road. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Mar96, Issue 520, p11
Lists several literature on truck driving safety.
- Modes concentrate on safety training. // Transportation & Distribution;Mar96, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on `Physics 101' which was developed by Operation Lifesaver Incorporated to be used as a truck driver safety program. Who project is between; What `Physics 101' is; Where modules are available.
- Not So Fast. Wilner, Frank N. // Traffic World;7/3/2000, Vol. 263 Issue 1, p15
Reports on a possible delay in the revision of hours-of-service rules for truck drivers in the U.S. Urge made by trucking lobbyists to the U.S. Congress to delay the proposed revision; Implications of the delay to the U.S. Department of Transportation; Reasons cited by various trucking...
- Common sense safety. Bald, Jim // Overdrive;Sep94, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p67
Provides safety driving tips to truck drivers. Items commonly missed on pretrip inspections; Method of entering and leaving the truck cabs; Defensive driving; Protection from lawsuits.
- Beating those wintertime blues. Bald, Jim // Overdrive;Oct95, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p43
Provides precautionary measures on how a truck driver copes with the cold weather during winter. Considerations on the truck's electrical system; Maintaining the battery and the starter; Problems in the engine cooling system during winter; Procedures in preventing problems in the cooling...
- Wincanton Driver of the Year. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Feb2011, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p63
The article discusses Wincanton's 5th annual Driver of the Year competition, held in Somerset, England at various sites to promote safe driving, and lists the winners, Robert Zuberek for the Wincanton Fork Lift Truck (FLT) Driver of the Year 2010, and Rafal Gorczyca for the Wincanton Large Goods...
- Safety patrol. Kahaner, Larry // Fleet Owner;May99, Vol. 94 Issue 5, p11
Focuses on truck and bus driving. Ways to keep highways safer; Importance of educating the driving public about trucks; Best predictor of truck accidents.