- Smart recruiters network on move. // Recruiter;7/22/2009, p13
The article reports that recruiters who are members of the professional networking site XING will be able to access their personal network on a Blackberry Smartphone. According to XING, it will continue to develop and expand the application in response to feedback. According to Stephen...
- using social networking sites. Coles, Linda // Human Resources Magazine;Dec2009/Jan2010, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p4
The article discusses the use of social networking sites. Social networking is defined as a way of doing business online, says the author. Particular focus is given to the tools and uses of sites such as Linkedln and Twitter for social networking. In Linkedln she focuses on functions, such as...
- A radical vision of recruitment (4.0). Jeffery, Matthew // Recruiter;7/27/2011, p21
The article focuses on the future trend of recruitment in 2020, mentioning that recruitment 4.0 will focus on the value of communities and is profit centre. It notes that crowd sourcing of candidates and ideas will be a vast asset to recruitment, and mentions that engaged communities is...
- on the web. // Workforce Management;12/14/2009, Vol. 88 Issue 13, p4
Several blogs posted on the web site www.workforce.com are presented including one on recruitment through online social networks, one on workforce motivation and another on a litigation conference by ERISA.
- Social Networks Enter Recruiters' Toolkit. // Point for Credit Union Research & Advice;10/1/2008, p23
The article discusses the results of the survey, Online Technologies and Their Impact on Recruitment Strategies-Using Social Networking Web Sites to Attract Talent, released by the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) in the U.S. in 2008. The survey found an increase in human resource...
- Spotlight on? recruiting through social networks. Cooper, Natalie // Personnel Today;9/18/2007, p38
The article presents five tips on recruiting through social networks. The web, and in particular the corporate career Web site, has emerged as a core channel for attracting and acquiring candidates, and is a prime source of new hires. The true power of a social network in terms of recruitment...
- Partnering for personnel. Sheridan, John H. // Industry Week/IW;07/06/98, Vol. 247 Issue 13, p11
Focuses on the challenges faced by companies in recruiting employees. Purpose of temporary employment agencies in creating training programs of prospective employees; Information on English as a second language (ESL) classes for minority workers.
- Job Search Goes Mobile. Wright, Aliah D. // HR Magazine;Jan2010, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the decision of human resource (HR) professionals, recruiters and job seekers to make their recruitment sites and job boards easy to use on handheld mobile devices.
- Social Networking Opens New Avenues to Getting Hired. CHALLENGER, JOHN A. // California Job Journal;8/9/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 1197, p3
The article looks at the immense power of internet social networking not only for the purpose of connecting with friends and family but also for job search. It speaks of the big influence networking sites have for jobseekers as they are instantly connected with employers which also use them in...