Leaping All Hurdles
- The Real McCoy. Greely, Jim // Airman;Sep2000, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p33
Features United States Air Force First Lieutenant Amy McCoy. Her dream to represent the United States in the rowing competitions for the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, New South Wales; Educational background.
- Ground Control! Dendy IV, John B. // Airman;Sep2000, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p37
Features United States Air Force Senior Airmen Jacob Hey and Aaron Sieracki. Their participation in Greco-Roman wrestling competitions; How they train.
- We are a professional force preparing for combat. Lorber, John G. // Flying Safety;Aug95, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p2
Discusses the `dues' that members of the US Air Force are expected to `pay' to keep the title of a professional air crew member. Physical and mental preparation; Thorough preflight checks; Rapid and accurate reaction to problems encountered during takeoff; Sticking to the briefed air plan;...
- There I was... // Flying Safety;Nov95, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p2
Discusses the flight mission of a United States Air Force copilot in bad weather. Experience related.
- ANGEL THUNDER 10. // Airman;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p42
Photographs of several service members of the U.S. Air Force who have rendered their services in various missions in the U.S. are presented.
- AirLant/AirPac battle `E' winners. // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p6
Cites the 1993's finest active duty carriers and squadrons in the United States.
- More pilots choose Jettas over fighter jets. Brown, Justin // Christian Science Monitor;10/12/99, Vol. 91 Issue 221, p3
Focuses on how the United States Air Force will push their men to cover for the shortage of pilots.
- Jeppesen approaches: Why can't we just use them? Jones, Kevin // Flying Safety;Jun96, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p20
Discusses the use of Jeppesen approaches by United States Air Force aircrew for the performance of their mission. Scenario to frame the discussion; Points taken from the AFI 11-206 General Flight Rules; Cases where the approach may be allowed; Question of who should review Jeppesen procedures;...
- Buy, but don't fly. Asker, James R. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/2/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 14, p19
Reports on the unusual air force crewing of new C-33A/Boeing 747-400 squadrons bought to supplement the C-17 fleet.