Olympic Trail Trials
- BEYOND SYDNEYDROME. Tapsell, Sherrill // New Zealand Management;Aug2000, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p44
Deals with efforts to prepare New Zealand athletes for Olympic Games as of August 2000. Development of the New Zealand Academy of Sport; Implementation of the national card system for athletes; Centers for athlete development and training.
- Faster higher stronger. Gutfeld, Greg // Men's Health;May96, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p86
Features training tips from United States Olympic team contenders. Lifting more weight; Losing weight fast; Eating to build strength; Balancing muscles. INSETS: The sand man cometh.;Mountain dues.;Catcher on the sly.;The Jell-O man.
- Fun times at Flamingo Park. Couse-Baker, Robert // Airman;Nov2002, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p19
Recounts the first field trip hosted by the U.S. Airmen and Marines for foster children at the Flamingo Park in Bishkek-Manas, Krygyzstan.
- Seminole Time. Anderson, Kelli // Sports Illustrated;12/13/2010, Vol. 113 Issue 22, p34
The article focuses on college basketball player Bernard James, a forward for the Florida State University team. James' unusual background as a player is discussed, in which he did not play basketball in high school but took up the sport when serving in the U.S. Air Force, which he did for six...
- Major races through Naples assignment. Roberts, Chuck // Airman;Apr2004, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p12
Presents the experiences of Matt Belmonte, operations officer at Allied Forces Southern Europe on racing with a local Italian cycling club in Naples, Italy. Importance of the cycling gear of Belmonte; Worry of his wife about him standing out as an American during his weekend jaunts; Focus on...
- Water Workout. Kunz, Christine L. // Airman;Apr2004, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p18
Features the importance of kayaking for U.S. Air Force airmen. Exploration of inaccessible waterways Opportunities for families with children to enjoy recreation and exercise together;significance of kayaking as the perfect form of outdoor recreation for many military people. INSET: Equipment...
- Annual Hangar Dance announced. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);10/11/2006, Vol. 134 Issue 41, p12A
The article reports that the Annual Hangar Dance and Dinner will be held at Burnet airport on October 28, 2006. The event is being organized by the Highland lakes Squadron of the Commemorative Air Force. The event titled "Let Freedom Swing" includes a dance contest, auction and dinner....
- Message from the Chief of Sport Performance. Ashley, Alan // Olympic Coach;2015, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the Olympic and Paralympic Assembly, role of sport psychologists to work with Team USA top athletes of goal setting, and updates from coaching education department.
- Paying Dividends. Joyner, Bo // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Apr2013, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p27
The article discusses the efforts of U.S. Air Force Reserve Command (AFRC) to focus more attention on overall airman fitness, balanced lifestyles and resilience. AFRC is studying the effect of its efforts on Citizen Airman and their family members with one key indicator as calendar year 2012...