Controllers use virtual reality to keep their combat edge
- Reducing Workload Through Technology. Hale, Robert F. // Armed Forces Comptroller;Winter99, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p13
Discusses the systems installed by the United States Air Force Financial Management community. Why the Automated Business Services System (ABSS) reduces workload; Components of the Automated Purchase Card System (APCS); Legacy systems used to manage budget.
- Delivering Innovative Simulation, Training and Security Solutions for a Safe World. // Air Traffic Management;Fall2006, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p39
The article presents a corporate profile for Adacel, a global software technology and systems integrator. It is a global leader in satellite-based air traffic management automation software for Oceanic airspace. It is also well known for its intelligent speech-driven systems for cockpit and...
- FAA speeds controller hiring to solve one... Proctor, P. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/27/1988, Vol. 128 Issue 26, p77
The FAA is streamlining its controller hiring and training in the Great Lakes Region in an effort to eliminate chronic staffing shortages it believes are a primary cause of increased operational errors at Chicago-O'Hare Airport. Staffing problem; FAA investigation into errors and program to...
- At air traffic control school, it helps to memorize in your sleep. Chiles, J.R.; Ferorelli, E. // Smithsonian;Jan90, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p122
Reports on how students in a grueling eight week course at the Federal Aviation Administration Academy in Oklahoma learn if they have what it takes to be air traffic controllers. History of air traffic controlling; Job difficulties and pressures;Profile of a high-pressure course.
- FAA: English ATC standards needed. Nordwall, Bruce D. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/29/1997, Vol. 147 Issue 13, p46
Reports that the US National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) and the General Accounting Office (GAO) told Congress that more needs to be done to ensure foreign air traffic controllers and pilots have the English proficiency to handle emergency and non-standard situations. Background on the...
- Air traffic control keeps Merritt Field flying high. Laborde, K.P. // Marines;May94, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p6
Discusses the process of becoming an air traffic controller in the Air Traffic Control Section at Merritt Field, MCAS Beaufort, South Carolina. Training at NAS Memphis, Tennessee; Operating positions in the radar branch; Final approach controller; Approach flight data controller; Arrival...
- FAA's controller training to come under scrutiny. // Air Traffic Management;Spring2012, Issue 1, p13
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) air traffic controller training will be re-examined by the U.S. Department of Transportation's Office of Inspector General.
- Skyguide training centre accredited. // Air Traffic Management;Spring2010, Issue 1, p14
The article reports on the accreditation of Skyguide training center, the only training institution for air traffic controllers in Switzerland by the country's Federal Office of Professional Technology (OPET).
- Russian ATC training. Proctor, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/2/1994, Vol. 140 Issue 18, p13
Reports on the Russian air traffic control division, Rosaeronavigatsiya's sending of controllers to the University of North Dakota to upgrade their English and air traffic control skills. Better accommodation of American flights routing through Russian airspace.