- Eyes of the warrior. McKenna, Pat // Airman;Jul98, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p28
Focuses on the United States Air Force's combat-tested unmanned aerial vehicle called RQ-1A Predator. Value of unmanned aerial vehicles; Capabilities of Predator; Description of Predator; Exploration of how Predator might broadcast real-time intelligence into the cockpit; Features of Lockheed...
- Unmanned Spacecraft Returns Home. // GPS World;Jan2011, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p21
The article offers information on the U.S. Air Force's first unmanned re-entry X-37B spacecraft, the Orbital Test Vehicle 1 (OTV-1).
- THE CORE VALUES. Myers, Charles R. // Airpower Journal;Spring97, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p38
Explains the United States Air Force core values based on strategies of moral reasoning. Misunderstandings about the core values; Structure of morality and the core values; Purpose of morality and core values; Core values as standards and ideals.
- No Square Filler. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;Sep2000, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p22
Profiles Lieutenant Colonel Cesar Rodriguez of the United States Air Force. Professional and family background; Views on pilot training; His professional values.
- EXPEDITIONARY FORCE? McKenna, Pat // Airman;Mar2000, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p46
Describes how a United States Air Force team tackled the 1999 Discovery Channel's Eco-Challenge, the Superbowl of adventure racing, in Argentina. Financial provision; Training of Team Tier One; Disqualification during the race.
- USAF Examining Predator B's UCAV Potential. Sherman, Kenneth B. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Aug2002, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p30
Reports that the U.S. Air Force is seeking permission from the Department of Defense to equip the Predator B unmanned aerial vehicles with smart ammunition. Limited number of missiles that can be carried by Predator; Candidate weapon to be integrated to Predator B; Selection of Lockheed Martin...
- Air Force Takes Delivery of First New Mini Camera-Carrying Airplanes For Battlefield Airmen. Sirak, Michael // Defense Daily;8/17/2007, Vol. 235 Issue 34, p3
The article reports on the delivery of the first batch of BATMAV small-sized unmanned aircraft systems to the U.S. Air Force by AeroVironment. The contractor won the BATMAV contract from the Air Force in December 2006. A BATMAV system consists of one ground control station and two air vehicles,...
- Haiti Global Hawk Missions Aid In Relief Effort. Malenic, Marina // Defense Daily;1/25/2010, Vol. 245 Issue 14, p6
The article reports that the U.S. Air Force's 12th Reconnaissance Squadron out of Beale AFB has launched a Block 10, RQ-4 Global Hawk, unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) recently. The UAV has been launched to help with the humanitarian aid mission in Haiti after the country suffered a 7.0 magnitude...
- Costs Spur Drive To Tweak Global Hawk. Wall, Robert // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/17/2002, Vol. 156 Issue 24, p28
Reports the redesigning schemes of the unmanned Global Hawk aircraft by the U.S. Air Force. Implication of the redesigning on the average production price of the Global Hawk; Configuration of signal intelligence and advanced radar sensors for the cost-cutting of the aircraft; Option of the Air...