Waving the 'Flag.'
- Navy needs `Red-air' sorties. Scott, William B. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/8/1999, Vol. 150 Issue 10, p57
Cites the impact of the elimination of `Red-air' adversary units on the United States Navy's air combat training. Failed attempts to resurrect dedicated adversary squadrons; Effects of not having adversaries for realistic training; History of adversary squadrons; Profile of adversary and...
- Enlisted people desiring a commission are...Taking the LEAD. Bailey, Timothy // Airman;May99, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p28
Focuses on the Leaders Encouraging Airman Development (LEAD) admissions program for enlisted United States (US) Air Force airmen at the US Air Force Academy. Enlisted openings in the Academy; Preparatory school for the Academy; Comparisons between enlisted basic training and basic cadet training.
- THE AGGRESSORS. Houlihan, Sean P. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Aug2002, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p14
Reports that the U.S. Air Force offers Red Flag, a realistic combat training exercise that takes place on the vast bombing and gunnery ranges at Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada. Preparation of crews to fly, fight and win against the best aviators in the world; Need to ensure that scenarios are...
- Leadership Guide. Joyner, Bo // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Aug2002, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p19
Reports that U.S. Air Force Reserve Command's (AFRC) Professional Development Center has launched a Web site, called the Guide for Command and Leadership. Provision of basic information on everything commanders and senior leaders need to know to accomplish their daily tasks; Compact disk...
- COMBAT TRAINING SCHOOL. HAYNES, STAFF SGT. MARESHAH // Airman;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p38
No abstract available.
- JDAM course ushers B-1 students into new era. Scott, Ed // Program Manager;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p43
Focuses on the efforts of Rapid City, South Dakota-based United States Air Force Weapons School to expose aircrew instructors to available weapons. Efforts of the school to increase syllabus sorties to accommodate the weapon system through a flying schedule; Start of the development and...
- New Fitness Requirement Applies to Deploying Airmen. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Apr2011, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p8
The article focuses on the application of a fitness requirement to Airmen of the U.S. Air Force preparing to attend Army-taught combat skills training (CST) before their deployment to a joint expeditionary taking and combat missions. It mentions that such training is physically demanding due to...
- Indicators of Sequential Fitness Assessment Failures for Travis Air Force Base Airmen Who Attend the Be Well Course. Webber, Bryant J.; Nelson, Mary S.; Gildengorin, Virginia // Military Medicine;Mar2012, Vol. 177 Issue 3, p302
Purpose: This retrospective community intervention trial evaluated the Be Well course--a mandatory lifestyle intervention course for airmen who fail the U.S. Air Force fitness assessment (FA)--at Travis Air Force Base from November 1, 2010 to February 1, 2011. Methods: Pre-existing data (N =...
- Chambers Award winner. // Charlotte Post;3/6/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 26, p3A
The article announces that court administrator Elisa Chinn-Gary has received the Julius Chambers Diversity Champion Award as of March 2014 and mentions that U.S. Air Force Reserve Airmen Mabel S. Garcia Escobar and Marian D. Patrick have graduated from basic military training as of 2014.