One million tiny plays about work
- Prime Cuts. // Allure;Aug2010, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p100
A directory for top hairstylists in the U.S. is presented.
- Proud Lady Beauty Show. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;1/12/2011, Vol. 43 Issue 49, p16
The article reports that celebrity stylists from across the U.S., including Craig Damon of Atlanta, Georgia, Marcus Davis of Calumet City, Illinois, and Kevin Kirk of Birmingham, Alabama are scheduled to be instructors during the 2011 Proud Lady Beauty Show on March 26-28, 2011 in Downtown...
- New hair stylist brings celeb clout to Hill. Chapman, Lisa // Hill;10/26/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 126, p20
The article focuses on Matthew Yates, a hairstylist and owner of My Hair Suite salon on 8th Street, Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C. He has worked for several celebrities, including the family of President George W. Bush. According to Yates, telling people that he cut the hair of the first family...
- Turning heads. // Gay Times (09506101);Mar2011, Issue 390, p13
The article features French-born hairdresser and wig designer Charlie Le Mindu.
- There's no one like Maria. Hallowell, Edward M. // Prevention;Feb2003, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p116
Maria Federico looks up at me and smiles the smile I know so well as I enter her hair salon with my boys. I hope you have a Maria in your life, someone special you respect and love. Someone who is not exactly a friend, but rather occupies a unique place, not easily defined. In my case, Maria...
- Our Town. // American Salon;Apr2009, Vol. 132 Issue 4, p38
The article presents information on four Milwaukee, Wisconsin-based salons. Freya is owned by seven hairstylists and co-workers. They decided they wanted to open a hair salon that had the comfortable and welcoming feel of a tight-knit community. Tom Miller, owner of the salon Beauty, believes...
- THE GOLDEN AGE. Dougherty, Marianne // American Salon;Apr2009, Vol. 132 Issue 4, p116
The article presents information on collection of hats designed by Vivienne Mackinder of HairDesignerTV. This collection of hats used hair extensions from Hair U Wear and styling products from Profound Beauty. This kind of hats were worn during England's Golden Age. The article also presents...
- SIX-FIGURE HAIRDRESSER. K. K. // American Salon;Feb2016, p120
The article presents tips provided by hairdresser Harry Wood IV to get six-figure income which includes finding the right employees, creating a positive atmosphere and developing careers and talents of future professionals and knowing and realizing one's own strengths and weaknesses.
- All-Star Cuts. // Allure;Nov2012, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p144
The article offers insights on the different hairstyles of celebrity. It highlights several haircuts of celebrity and how they are done which include the cut Shaggy shoulder length by Emma Stone called the neo Meg Ryan that works for all hair texture and face, the Eye-Skimming Bangs by Shelley...