How I got where I am today
- Fujitsu Siemens Computers appoints new distributor for multi $m Gulf markets. // Middle East;May2005, Issue 356, p41
The article informs that Fujitsu Siemens Computers BV has appointed Logicom, one of the leading distributors in the Gulf and Levant IT markets, as a new distributor for its range of desktops, laptops, servers and accessories in the UAE, Bahrain, Oman and Qatar. Logicom will be responsible for...
- A touch of the Lara Crofts at e-learning London. Weekes, Sue // Training Magazine;Jul2003, p13
Introduces the Real World Environment training program of Logicom and British Gas. Primary market of the program; Aim of the program; Technology behind the program.
- Bathroom Design Technology. Anderson, Ashley // Supply House Times;May2004, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p54
Presents images of bathroom and kitchen designs depicting examples of state-of-the-art computer-aided modeling technology exhibited at the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show in Chicago, Illinois. Software used by Pittsburgh Corning Corp. for its design; Launch of the Fusion software for home...
- Integrating IT Systems Legacy No Problem. Howells, Ian // Logistics & Transport Focus;Mar2003, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p37
This article discusses the benefits of sound information technology (IT) strategy and details how LOGICOM solved an issue of legacy integration in the short-term to protect an application investment in the long-term. LOGICOM faced a dilemma of what to do with its legacy systems when the need...
- On the Management Side. Pollock, Ted // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Jun2000, Vol. 112 Issue 6, p10
Focuses on career and personnel management. Attitudes important to personal success; How to adjust to company rules; Characteristics of a high potential person.
- Everyday experiences are opportunities for learning. Honey, Peter // People Management;9/7/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 18, p55
States that many works activities can be used to develop people, if managers recognize the possibilities. Information about work-based learning and reasons why it is used in developing people; Examples of `double-value' work-based learning use everyday experiences as learning opportunities.
- Why boards and CEOs part company. Grant, Jon K. // Business Quarterly;Autumn95, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p11
Explores the reasons why executives part from their respective companies. Stages of a CEO's career; Signs of corporate antagonism between board members and CEOs; How to determine when a CEO should leave.
- Get on and get ahead. Beagrie, Scott // Personnel Today;6/11/2002, p31
Focuses on the issues relating to personnel management. Concerns to career enhancement for the position in regional recruitment; Analysis on the potentials of the position prior to resignation; Evaluation of the factors for preference of human resource position compared to rewards analyst position.
- Safe harbor. Abernathy; Allerton, Donna // Training & Development;Nov99, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p39
Considers questions pertaining to the human resource development profession and career development in the United States. Employment scenarios; Competencies vital to human resource success; Recipients of the bulk of training and development attention; Identification of expertise necessary in...