Research topic: new managers
- LITTLE CHANGES CAN MAKE BIG RIPPLES. Scotton, Neil; Scott, Alister // Coaching at Work;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p17
The article talks about the role played by executive coaches and mentors as catalyst for change and for making a difference in the world. It cites Andy Bradley, founder and director of Frameworks 4 Change, who believes that everyday act can make a difference for those receiving care. It relates...
- 'It's Time' to Change Our Culture. Toth, Joan // Convenience Store News;Jun2015, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p96
The article presents the development of an action agenda by Network of Executive Women (NEW) to help make a corporate culture that strengthens the workforce and advances women leaders. It cites the need to alter the organization to take the subtle barriers to advancements, such as the lack of...
- Organizations Need to Leverage Leaders As Coaches or Teachers. McKeown, Eileen // T+D;Feb2011, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p20
The article focuses on the role senior executives and leaders can play in leadership development programs. It states that a report from the Human Capital Institute suggested businesses should adopt a strategy to leverage seasoned leaders as in-house mentors in programs that utilize the theory...
- Skills gaps in engineering youth? Ask yourself 5 questions. Martin, Brian P. // Control Engineering;Jan2014, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p48
The article reports on the factors that senior engineers should consider before dismissing younger generation of professionals, including their availability, involvement in mentoring, and actions taken to address weaknesses in engineering youth.
- WOMEN AT WORK. WIDMER, LORI // Risk Management (00355593);May2013, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p20
The article focuses on the importance of woman in the success of organizations. It mentions several reports conducted by research firms related to role of businesswomen and these report reveals that organizations which promote women regularly are achieving 18 percent to 69 percent growth in...
- Imagine wellness program as a tree. Bray, Ed // Ebn.benefitsnews.com;8/1/2012, p4
The article offers suggestions for gaining the favor of senior management for approach towards wellness program of the company including modifying the medical insurance program, evaluating the food and fitness offerings of the firm and developing wellness program offerings.
- Guest Editors' Introduction. Escribá-Esteve, Alejandro; Minichilli, Alessandro; Nielsen, Sabina; Yamak, Sibel // International Studies of Management & Organization;Winter2012, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editors discuss various reports within the issue on topics including the effect of the heterogeneity of the members of top management team (TMT) on the behavior of the organization, the financial aspects of the characteristics of TMT, and the rationale...
- Easiest way to make a sale? Start at the top! Gitome, Jeffrey // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/18/2014, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p9
The article offers a suggestion for sales executives to start at the top management when intending to make a sale.
- Data: it's just not getting used. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;9/25/2015, p1
The article discusses the failures of businesses to maximize possible value that they can get from data they produce. Topics covered include the percentage of senior business leaders in Europe and North America who believe that they get the full value from the data they hold. Also mentioned is...