- Employment claims always have legs. Dowell, Katy // Lawyer;3/22/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p6
The article discusses the sexual discrimination lawsuit filed against F&C Asset Management PLC by its former head of legal Gillian Switalski and the publicity the lawsuit received in the media.
- GC Switalski triumphs in discrimination suit against F&C. Dowell, Katy // Lawyer;3/17/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p6
The article offers information about the case between F&C Asset Management and Gillian Switalski, former employee of F&C. The tribunal rules the case in favor of Switalski, after it considered a number of evidence proving that F&C has, in fact, committed acts of discrimination, harassment and...
- Employers must revise diversity policies after record Â£19m claim. Peacock, Louisa // Employers Law;Jun2008, p4
The article focuses on the ruling by the British Employment Appeal Tribunal (EAT) that City lawyer Gill Switalski was treated to 18 months of harassment and sex discrimination by City fund manager F&C Asset Management. The 51-year-old quit her job as head of legal affairs following bullying over...
- The XpertHR weekly podcast…. // Employers Law;Sep2010, p6
The article discusses the case of Furlong v. BMC Software concerning claims for sex discrimination, sexual harassment and victimisation in relation to a protected act under the Sex Discrimination Act 1975.
- Untitled. Logan, Guy // Personnel Today;8/19/2008, p82
The article reports that the tribunal has refused to review the decision for the discrimination claim of lawyer Gill Switalksi against his employer F&C Asset Management in Great Britain. According to the tribunal, sex discrimination, harassment and victimization at work had left Switalski unfit...
- Federal-Louisiana. A.S.L. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Nov2004, p217
Reports on a Louisiana court's ruling on the same-sex harassment case, Kreamer v. Henry's Marine. Court's granting of summary judgment to the employer of Thomas Kreamer; Case background.
- THE WEEK. // Lawyer;3/17/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p2
The article reports developments related to the legal profession in England. The top 10 stories for the second week of March 2008 include White & Case officials' resignation, the winning of GC Switalski over F&C and the launching of Clifford Chance in Kiev. Bird & Bird managing partner David...
- legal news for supervisors. // Legal Alert for Supervisors;9/21/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 177, p3
The article discusses several court cases for supervisors including the case of a worker who acquired a police record, a gender discrimination lawsuit against BP PLC, and a case involving sexual harassment from a consensual relationship at workplace.
- Sexual Harassment: Hospital Fulfilled Its Obligations, Nurse Can Still Sue For Retaliation. // Legal Eagle Eye Newsletter for the Nursing Profession;Apr2006, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p6
The article discusses a sexual harassment lawsuit filed by a female nurse against a hospital in Nevada. Details of the case are given. The U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada has ruled that the nurse had no right to sue for sexual harassment. The article concludes that retaliation...