THE BIG PICTURE
- Going green for 10:10. // Governors (DfES Publications);Spring2010, p1
The article reports on the 10:10 climate change campaign that aims to reduce the carbon footprint in Great Britain.
- Congratulations to the Green500. // Sustain' Magazine;2009, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p18
The article reports that London, England Mayor Boris Johnson has congratulated members of the Green500 and Better Buildings Partnership for 2009. Members of the said initiative are supporting to cut carbon emissions in line with Johnson's target of a 60% reduction by 2025. It states that more...
- Letter to IT users. // Becoming a Winner in a Low-Carbon Economy: IT Solutions That Hel;2008, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses several documents within the issues on topics including reduction of carbon dioxide emission by several Information and Communication Technology (ICT or IT) solutions Companies and global strategy to implement the IT solutions.
- Handel startet Klimaschutz-Initiative. Prokasky, Anke // Textilwirtschaft;2/2/2012, Issue 5, p49
The article discusses the participation of eight large German companies to reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
- CLEAN SWEEP. // BRW;5/8/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 18, p6
The article focuses on the Australia's opportunity in carbon capitalism or investment in carbon reduction technologies. The country has everything it needs to be successful in this field. The same clean and green image it has used for decades to sell food overseas can also be harnessed to sell...
- How does green technology influence CO2 emission in China? - An empirical research based on provincial data of China. Ding Weina; Han Botang; Zhao Xin; Mazzanti, Massimiliano // Journal of Environmental Biology;Jul2015, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p745
This paper investigates the role of green innovations aimed at reducing carbon dioxide emissions as a factor that compensates for growth and population effects. It has been shown from tests that the positive effect of green innovations on carbon emissions exists within a STIRPAT framework from a...
- Nearly half of companies not ready for CRC. // Utility Week;4/2/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p10
The article discusses the results of a survey done by Npower which shows 93 percent of businesses are more focused on cost reduction than carbon emission reduction, despite the incentives and penalties under the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme.
- Building an EcoCity economy. Brown, Rachel // NZ Business;Jul2011, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p62
The article explains how New Zealand's business sector can play a key role in developing Auckland into an EcoCity and in changing its economy into a sustainable one with the help of the Auckland Council. It talks about how companies can attract income from the global market by meeting the needs...
- More firms taking the initiative to pre-empt carbon pricing rules. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Nov2015, Issue 489, p41
The article focuses on a report from the organization Carbon Disclosure Project, which revealed an increase in the number of international corporations putting an internal price on carbon in anticipation of carbon pricing and increasing uncertainty about regulation.