Coaching: the highlights
- Try creating your own board of directors. Ahlrichs, Nancy S. // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/9/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p36
Relates the author's experience as a member of a business mentoring peer group. Structure of the organization; Meeting schedule and programs; Benefits for group members and their businesses.
- GENERATION WHY? North, Sarah-Jane // Coaching at Work;2008, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p22
The article discusses the results of the Meaning and Purpose Survey 2008 conducted by "Coaching at Work" and Association for Coaching. The survey found that meaning and purpose are growing in importance and are becoming common features of the coaching sessions of executive coaches. The...
- Are You Being Coached? Underwood, Ryan // Fast Company;Feb2005, Issue 91, p83
This article discusses the pros and cons of hiring professional coaches in the U.S. The practice is more popular than ever; the International Coach Federation, the most widely recognized organization that offers bona fide certifications, boasts about 8,000 members, up from approximately 1,500 in...
- Calling all experts on exports. Schofield, Ray // NZ Business;Jul2007, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p67
The article focuses on the export mentor initiative to be launched by Business Mentors New Zealand. It notes that the initiative could help address the need for knowledge sharing between exporters and aspiring exporters. The organization will be recruiting up to 100 additional people to act as...
- Are you a transformational leader? GARBERSON, NANCY // Corridor Business Journal;3/30/2015, Vol. 11 Issue 36, p17
In this article, the author focuses on qualities and importance of leadership in any organization which is facing global challenges and presents that a transformational leader served as a role model of others in a organization due to his ideas and attitude to empower others in their jobs.
- New partnership for mentoring service. // NZ Business;Dec2005/Jan2006, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p3
The article reports on the partnership of Business Mentors New Zealand and the "NZBusiness" magazine aiming to put first class business information in the management of the organization's business mentors and owners. The partnership will manage the distribution of the copies of the magazine to...
- Flash point. // Access (1204-0472);Fall2005, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p10
The article presents information on the Ontario Library association (OLA). It also focuses on the current issues and programs at the OLA. The OLA has been chosen to administer the Community Access Program Youth Initiative for Ontario in 2005-2006. The OLA will be creating a virtual Wall of...
- Urban League Signs Pact With Score Small-Business Mentors. Wiedemann, Liz // San Diego Business Journal;2/18/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on the two-year partnership agreement signed between Score San Diego and the Urban League of San Diego County in California on January 31, 2008. The partnership aims to develop and foster understanding, open communication and a cooperative working relationship, as well as...
- Putting something back. Carter, Peter // NZ Business;Aug2006, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p60
The article discusses the history of the Business Mentors New Zealand. The organization was founded by Grahame Craig and two directors of Woolrest Corp. in 1986. The main objective of the establishment of the association is to provide assistance to new and struggling businesses in the country.