- Don't make these stupid mistakes in '95. Graham, John R. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/28/94, Vol. 28 Issue 47, p20
Presents guidelines on managing a business. Revealing frauds; Fact-finders; Responding to letters that begin with `Dear Valued Customer'; Importance of literacy and knowledge; Communication; Market share; Great closers.
- Workplace anger must be handled constructively. Fishman, Allen // Inside Tucson Business;7/29/96, Vol. 6 Issue 18, p15
Offers advice on various problems concerning business management. Steps in dealing with workplace anger; Importance of product name.
- A REAPPRAISAL OF MANAGEMENT PRINCIPLES. Wadia, Maneck S. // Advanced Management Journal;Spring66, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p53
Evaluates the principles of management and the importance of the environment to management theory and practice. Definition of principle; Reason that management has not developed as a science; Similarity between principles of management and business policies.
- Growth strategies. Prahalad, C.K. // Executive Excellence;Jan1998, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p6
Presents information on the improving a businesses. Evaluation of continuous improvement; Three assumptions which are basis for the traditional view of competition; Opportunities lost through restructuring.
- Real-Time Strategic Change. Jacobs, Robert W.; McKeown, Frank // Executive Excellence;Feb2000, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p13
Focuses on the real-time strategic change (RTSC) approach to management. Six principles supporting RTSC; Use of RTSC to issues vital to business organizations; Advantages of adopting RTSC.
- Leveraging Business Success with 80/20. Vautier, Geoff // Chartered Accountants Journal;Apr2001, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p32
Explores the use of the 80/20 concept in leveraging one's business. Two distinct groups in applying the 80/20 rule; Predicting the important events; Format of reports and how one perceives information; Accounting significance of the example.
- THE 'PERSON-CARD' TECHNIQUE. Hibino, Shozo; Nadler, Gerald // Training & Development Journal;Nov80, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p78
Focuses on the use of 'person-card' technique in synthesizing generated ideas. Collection and reporting of generated ideas; Reorganization of ideas; Use of the technique in management.
- Growing Your Business. Geller, David; Vojdani, Masood // Advisor Today;Nov2002, Vol. 97 Issue 11, p82
Discusses tips on growing businesses. Use of teams; Use of technology; Use of money to achieve goals.
- Yet another manifesto as the election approaches. Rayney, Peter // Accountancy;Apr97, Vol. 119 Issue 1244, p58
Focuses on the choice of corporate structure for a diversified owner-managed business. Diversification of owner-managed businesses; Discussion of legal corporate structures.