Solve the conflict equation
- Choosing conflict resolution by culture. SADRI, GOLNAZ // Industrial Management;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p10
The article discusses the significant use of various approaches with culture to resolve conflict. The author provides definition of conflict and conflict resolution and tackles the three desirable outcomes from an effectively managed conflict. He talks about the five different orientations to...
- Blame the Person: Roots of Interpersonal Conflict. // ManagerZine;Spring2005, Issue 12, pN.PAG
Reflects on the roots of interpersonal conflict. Triggering factor to interpersonal conflict; Ways to fix the performance system that surrounds the employee; Flaws in the performance system that can cause both the outcomes and the work process to fail.
- Resolve workplace conflicts. Smith, Gregory P. // Professional Carwashing & Detailing;Apr2010, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p52
The article presents suggestions for managers on how to resolve conflicts in the workplace. The article states that before trying to resolve the situation, one should understand the situation and examine both sides of the issue. It advises being patient so as not to make a too-quick decision....
- Getting tough without getting costly. Half, Robert // NZ Business;Oct2004, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p10
Offers guidelines to help employers manage personal grievance situations and avoid employee dismissal claims. Grounds for dismissal of an employee; Steps to justify a dismissal; Information on the dispute resolution structure.
- UPSET MEMBER OF STAFF. // Pulse;9/28/2006, Vol. 66 Issue 36, p48
The article offers suggestions on how to respond to a medical staff member who is upset and provides information on the reasons why a staff member may get upset. The factors that may make a staff member upset include interpersonal conflict or bullying, systems failure, or excessive workload....
- Understanding and Resolving Conflict. Miller, Marc R. // Nonprofit World Report;May/Jun85, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p17
Discusses the different types of conflict and their possible solutions within an organization. Definition of the terms "frame of reference" and "conflict"; Formulation of sets of rules; Steps in conflict resolution.
- Talking Change. Barrow, Molly // Kitchen & Bath Business;Dec2006, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p36
The article offers tips on resolving conflict in the workplace. The tips are designed to put efficiency and comfort back into strained work relationships and help transform warring co-workers into willing and involved team players. It emphasizes the need to let co-workers incorporate how the...
- When the bosses fight. Grosdidier, Sheila // Firstline;Apr2008, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p16
The article discusses conflicts between bosses in pet care clinics and how workers and project managers can deal with them. Specific strategies are laid out in handling cases involving conflict between one's supervisor and his boss and conflict between two business owners. Advice is also given...
- Two Weeks of Managed Conflict at Bethel. Reed, Joseph H. // Training & Development Journal;Feb66, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the results of the National Training Laboratories second school for conflict management conducted in Bethel, Maine in 1965. Focus on tri-cornered version of conflict; Introduction of the concept of the third party conflict; Suggested model for interpersonal conflict diagnosis.