Review of the year 2008
- McDonald's to boost basic skills of staff. Thomas, Daniel // Personnel Today;6/13/2006, p8
The article focuses on a study conducted by professor Adrian Furnham which found that employees at McDonald's Corp. enjoyed working at the company because of its training schemes. According to the study, 90% of the workers had high levels of organizational commitment and the key reason was good...
- SERVING VALUES. // People Management;3/25/2010, p21
An interview with McDonald's chief executive officer (CEO) Steve Easterbrook and human resources (HR) senior vice president David Fairhurst in Great Britain is presented. Easterbrook confides that Fairhurst was instrumental in renewing business confidence and in connecting the company's internal...
- HR's role in 'McA-levels.'. Brockett, James // People Management;2/7/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p9
The article reports that employers in Great Britain will have the chance to award their own nationally-recognised qualifications after the government gave accreditation to the training schemes of three large firms. The in-house training schemes of McDonald's, Flybe and Network Rail have been...
- Made to win. Bielski, Lauren // Restaurant Business;07/01/98, Vol. 97 Issue 13, p17
Reports on the success of McDonald's Made for You Prep system as indicated on the reduction in its staff turnover. Factors attributed to the increase in employees' morale; Reduction in special orders the company was designed to produce.
- Expanding the menu. Cowans, Deborah Shalowi // Business Insurance;5/9/94, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p3
Reports on the measures taken by McDonald's Corp. to diversify its approach in an effort to ensure that benefit communications reach all segments of its employees. Conduct of surveys and focus groups of employees; Inclusion of people in benefit communications planning teams; Training of a...
- Can't get this big without HR deluxe. Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Dec96, Vol. 75 Issue 12, p46
Focuses on the categories in which McDonald's Corp. excelled to win the General Excellence Optimas award given by `Personnel Journal,' magazine. Includes competitive advantage for having unique recruiting strategies; Quality of life for offering upward mobility to minorities and women;...
- PEOPLE Come FIRST. Bigari, Steven // Guideposts;Jan2008, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p36
The article discusses how a McDonald's franchisee from Colorado Springs, Colorado, helped his employees lead more stable lives.
- Courses round-up. // People Management;9/7/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 18, p55
Highlights several training courses related with human resource management. Advanced participative methods; Training design; Working with people.
- Applying a Systems Approach to Personnel Activities. Byham, William C. // Training & Development Journal;Dec81, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p60
Part I. Focuses on the application of systems approach to personnel activities. Integration of selection, appraisal, promotion, career planning and training subsystems into a total system; Systems approach in various programs.